Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well.....it all started when we bought this:

The idea was to be able to pull it with either my Canyon or her Acadia. After pulling it with my Canyon with the 5.3L I knew her Acadia with the 3.6L was not going to do well in the Smokey Mountains with it where we plan to go camping at times.

After some research, we decided that the tow vehicle we needed was a Suburban and the search was on. Last Saturday we bought this:

It is a 2010 Suburban 1500 LT 4WD with the 5.3L V8, leather, DVD and the G80 rear diff. The towing capacity is more than double the dry weight of our camper. My wife has always really liked my Canyon, so the AWD Acadia goes to our 19 year old daughter who is headed to school in the ice and snow of Wisconsin in the fall, the Canyon has been claimed by my wife and the Suburban is now my daily driver. I have already driven it the equivalent of one lap around the state of Florida and while I have not specifically crunched the numbers yet, the fuel mileage appears to be at least as good as the Canyon.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,286 Posts
Yeah I can get 22mpg with our Tahoe LTZ

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 2 months I finally got to drive the Canyon again today! :th_woot:
While out and about I sent my wife this text message:

"Wow! I had forgotten how much fun this little truck is to drive! You may not get it back....."

Her response (and I quote) "NO WAY babe! Its MINE!!!!!!!"

:lmaop:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be nice, but with payments on 3 vehicles, 1 home improvement loan and the loan I took out to repower the boat with a 2017 Evinrude E-Tec, not to mention putting my daughter through college......yeah, that's gonna have to go on the back burner for now. (Thank goodness we paid cash for the camper!) At least my....ok, my wife's :roll: 355 is staying in the family. :D No, the Suburban isn't as much fun to drive, but it sure is comfy! And big enough that each of my kids gets their own zip code.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I could tell you about the 65 Chevelle my grandpa bought new....but he only got to drive it for a month before letting my grandma borrow it for the day. He never got it back and the car is still in the family to this day. They've been gone 20yrs but long time family friends still ask to make sure we have the car still whenever they see us.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm BAAAACK!!! :th_woot: After 4-1/2 months of driving the Canyon, my wife has reluctantly decided that the ease and comfort of hauling two teenagers around in the Suburban outweighs the "Fun to drive" factor of the Canyon. This morning she gave me the keys to the Canyon back and made the Suburban her daily driver. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts