Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! i have a 2008 chevy colorado Z71. Its nothing special, but it gets me places. well except for the stupid valve stick :rolleyes:. anyway hope to meet some new people and i am happy to answer questions! yes i detail cars so dont ask me that ;)
Heres a picture of the the ole girl for you curious fellas

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha glad to have nice people on here. Thank you all who said my truck looks good. I’ll be posting on here every now and then.....

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
When I was 17, the owner of gas station I worked at after school and on weekends came back from a trip to California and told us the he was opening a "detail shop" like" the ones in California. That was in 1977. He bought out a closed up one pump gas station in rough section of town and went to work. Bought a huge industrial boiler and made a massive steam cleaner for cleaning under the hood and the under side of the car. Bought all the buffers and equipment and opened up. He did all the detail work for all of the new car dealerships in town as well as the used car dealers. He was doing great! After a few months, he had the place running smoothly, but the gas station on the other side of town that I worked at was suffering from him not being there. He came to work one Saturday and told me to hop in his Jeep and go for a ride with him. He took me to the detail shop and told me that school would be out in a couple of weeks and he wanted me to start working full time at the detail shop. We went out and walked around and he introduced me to all the crew as the "New Boss Man"! I was 17 years old, 5'11" and weighed 160 pounds soaking wet! My crew consisted of 4 black guys - 2 of which were recently released from federal prison and one really large black woman that I'm sure could have beat the crap out of any of the guys! I was a pimple faced white kid and I just became their boss man! It was the most educational summer of my life!! I learned to drink gin and juice, smoke dope and detail the crap out of a car!! At that time, I lived in an all-white neighborhood and went to an all-white Christian school. It was an amazing cultural shock for me and they found me quite hilarious as well! I had to fuss at them when they came in late and/or hungover! I had to let them off work to go see their parole officer, but docked their pay if they didn't bring back documentation proving that they had made their appointment. It was a blast!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all! i have a 2008 chevy colorado Z71. Its nothing special, but it gets me places. well except for the stupid valve stick :rolleyes:. anyway hope to meet some new people and i am happy to answer questions! yes i detail cars so dont ask me that ;)
Heres a picture of the the ole girl for you curious fellas
View attachment 339871
Those headlights makes it stand out

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I was 17, the owner of gas station I worked at after school and on weekends came back from a trip to California and told us the he was opening a "detail shop" like" the ones in California. That was in 1977. He bought out a closed up one pump gas station in rough section of town and went to work. Bought a huge industrial boiler and made a massive steam cleaner for cleaning under the hood and the under side of the car. Bought all the buffers and equipment and opened up. He did all the detail work for all of the new car dealerships in town as well as the used car dealers. He was doing great! After a few months, he had the place running smoothly, but the gas station on the other side of town that I worked at was suffering from him not being there. He came to work one Saturday and told me to hop in his Jeep and go for a ride with him. He took me to the detail shop and told me that school would be out in a couple of weeks and he wanted me to start working full time at the detail shop. We went out and walked around and he introduced me to all the crew as the "New Boss Man"! I was 17 years old, 5'11" and weighed 160 pounds soaking wet! My crew consisted of 4 black guys - 2 of which were recently released from federal prison and one really large black woman that I'm sure could have beat the crap out of any of the guys! I was a pimple faced white kid and I just became their boss man! It was the most educational summer of my life!! I learned to drink gin and juice, smoke dope and detail the crap out of a car!! At that time, I lived in an all-white neighborhood and went to an all-white Christian school. It was an amazing cultural shock for me and they found me quite hilarious as well! I had to fuss at them when they came in late and/or hungover! I had to let them off work to go see their parole officer, but docked their pay if they didn't bring back documentation proving that they had made their appointment. It was a blast!
That’s a crazy story haha. I have NEVER heard of a story like that. Glad to meet you good sir

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts