Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some ass hat thought it was a good idea to ram through his snow bank rather than shovel it. He backed up as far as he could and let it rip. The thing was he lives on a four lane major city street. Well when he came through, who was there to catch the stupidity..... me. Trying to avoid him and come to a stop and not hit anyone in on coming traffic. My chevy got busted up a bit. Before the air bag could deflat, i was already in reverse, swearing up a storm! I chased this idiot for a block before i had to call it off. Fearing an overheated motor.
It actually looks worse than it is. Broken fan, small crack in the rad. And the airbag. It cosmetics. Should just buff out I'd think.
I'll have it back together in a few days. Just finished ordering parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
A sawzall and a comealong can do wonders, but I don't know. Friend of mine had a Toyota that tried to wrap around a pole. Looked similar to yours. Insurance totaled it.

·
Norse god of maintenance
113 Posts
That sucks, good to hear you're not giving up on her.

·
OMG IT HAS HYDRAULICS? No
1,354 Posts
That truck is totalled. I would hate to see the frame specs.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
It drove after the airbag deployed????????

Glad your ok, but did the local law catch him or are you ass out?

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
yeah those frame horns look pretty twisted when i hit a durango i didnt bend those and my truck had over 3500 in damage best of luck man glad you are alright

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
At least you had that bull bar on there, or it would have been a lot worse.

I joke.

Seriously though, sorry to see that happen to your truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Norse god of maintenance
113 Posts
So did the insurance company total it ? I figured it would be.

·
OMG IT HAS HYDRAULICS? No
1,354 Posts
Well after alot of banging and alot of swearing. She's ready for the road. I bought a Canyon grille just to change it up. I'll overlay it with a bowtie. All and all I still love this truck!
Somebody give this man a medal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.