Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

i love this truck!!!

4K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  Spad 
#1 ·
Some ass hat thought it was a good idea to ram through his snow bank rather than shovel it. He backed up as far as he could and let it rip. The thing was he lives on a four lane major city street. Well when he came through, who was there to catch the stupidity..... me. Trying to avoid him and come to a stop and not hit anyone in on coming traffic. My chevy got busted up a bit. Before the air bag could deflat, i was already in reverse, swearing up a storm! I chased this idiot for a block before i had to call it off. Fearing an overheated motor.
It actually looks worse than it is. Broken fan, small crack in the rad. And the airbag. It cosmetics. Should just buff out I'd think.
I'll have it back together in a few days. Just finished ordering parts.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
A sawzall and a comealong can do wonders, but I don't know. Friend of mine had a Toyota that tried to wrap around a pole. Looked similar to yours. Insurance totaled it.

#12 ·
It drove after the airbag deployed????????

Glad your ok, but did the local law catch him or are you ass out?

#13 ·
yeah those frame horns look pretty twisted when i hit a durango i didnt bend those and my truck had over 3500 in damage best of luck man glad you are alright

#24 ·
sorry to hear that bro. looks like you need to get a better push bar as well those cheap aluminum ones don't take much bashing at all. bullmaxx bars are sweet iv pushed down many trees with it and no issues. :drinking28: glad to hear your ok! and your baby will be fixed and running soon.

#25 ·
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I didn't go through insurance. I can't afford another claim. My old dodge ram was broken into a couple times then finally stolen. They'll drop my coverage. Go figure.

I'm pretty happy with the turn out. I'm not in the industry. I build homes for a living. Though I did stay in a holiday inn last night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.