Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i traded an old ipad i had laying around for some mickey thompson side bitter. like an idiot i looked at the at the size of the rim that said 6x5.5 8.5 but forgot all about the offset. they wont fit properly. this is the size i got off the website (size: 15x8 backspacing: 3 5/8 offset: -22) now i have to figure out what to do with them. i dont think there is anything i can do to make them fit with out going crazy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
z71 fender flares?
no my guy showed my that once i put my tires on they will rub because they stick out so much. they get pretty close to the fender where the mud flaps are i turn so he didnt put the tire on

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Smaller tire size as an option?

Do you know if that wheel has options available? If you are unsure, go by the wheel marking, not the web site. Seller says 8.5", web says 8" wide. -22 on those two wheels comes out to different values. Irregardless, it doesn't fit it sounds like. You only know by trying. I'd mount the wheel and cycle the steering. At the minimal clearance point, see if the bumper will hit the wheel when the suspension cycles.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
What width are the tires you have? 10.5's or smaller should fit with the mudflaps off, but anything wider and you will have to trim a little.

I'm running 3.5" backspace with an 8" wheel so someone lifted should be able to use them if you have to sell them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What width are the tires you have? 10.5's or smaller should fit with the mudflaps off, but anything wider and you will have to trim a little.

I'm running 3.5" backspace with an 8" wheel so someone lifted should be able to use them if you have to sell them.
im running 235/75 15

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
A 235mm width tire on an 8, or 8.5" wheel isn't really appropriate.

Sell the wheels for twice the price of your ipad and you're in the clear, with a profit.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
I am running a 3.75 inch backspace, 32 inch tires and 3 inches of lift. if you trim the fender flare at the rear of the fender well, you probably won't have any issues. You also may have to remove the lower lip valence and do a minor shave of the bumper plastic. My trimming is not real noticeable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A 235mm width tire on an 8, or 8.5" wheel isn't really appropriate.

Sell the wheels for twice the price of your ipad and you're in the clear, with a profit.
How much would you sell them for if they were yours.. They one have like three scratches in total

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow it looked so close when he showed me.. Maybe I'll have some one else put it on for me with the tire and see.. But I'm thinking I might have to get bigger fender flares then because I herd here in PA is illegal to have so much tires sticking out.. I'll have to find out

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
How much would you sell them for if they were yours.. They one have like three scratches in total
Unfortunately I'm not the one to give you any figures. I'd have to research the wheels then decide too what it's worth for me to rid myself of them.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
Those should fit, that tire is small. With the mudflap on, it may have been close but you could get a simple rubber mudflap that is much thinner if you need to remove them.

With that narrow of a tire the police shouldn't bother you even if they stick out a little. They are worried about the big knobby mud tires lobbing rocks at peoples windshields, that's what those laws were for.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
You should move to AZ...problem solved lol. I've got about 2" of tire past my z71 fenders lol.

Also, 29x9.5 tire should be no issue at all fitting, even with that backspacing. Just crank your torsion bars to level, ditch the mud flaps, and trim the tiny amount you may have to trim on the valence and flares.

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
You should move to AZ...problem solved lol. I've got about 2" of tire past my z71 fenders lol.

Also, 29x9.5 tire should be no issue at all fitting, even with that backspacing. Just crank your torsion bars to level, ditch the mud flaps, and trim the tiny amount you may have to trim on the valence and flares.
^^^^^this

·
Premium Member
3,258 Posts
235 mm is 9.3 inches wide section width. About 8.5 tread width so it will look like a 31 10.5 on a 10 inch wheel. not an issue at all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts