Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY WHATS UP GUYS I REALLY WANT TURBO FOR MY TRUCK DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ONE FOR MY 2.9?MONEY IS NO OPTION.IF ANYONE HAS A HOOKUP OR KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THANKS!:salute:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
nobody makes a kit, just go to a shop that knows how to fabricate well and they can make you an exhaust manifold and piping to match a turbo you pick out. Then you can tune with hptuners.

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
he means a supercharger.

the turbo is ultimately the better solution in this situation though.
Most supercharger kits for the 355 is a kit and will fit 2.8,2.9,3.5,3.7 I have a powerdyne for my 3.5 and so do a couple other guys here

If money is no option why did you get a 2.9?
Turbo you will have to build a kit and fab most off it. an LSX swap will be your best bet more work but better out come

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Most supercharger kits for the 355 is a kit and will fit 2.8,2.9,3.5,3.7 I have a powerdyne for my 3.5 and so do a couple other guys here

If money is no option why did you get a 2.9?
Turbo you will have to build a kit and fab most off it. an LSX swap will be your best bet more work but better out come
The powerdyne/rksport kit is not longer made. I'm not sure if the W2W kit will fit a 4 cylinder, they dont list it as an application.

Z

·
0 Posts
Why not go a more unique route. Something we really havent seen. Do a 4.10 rear gear swap and then get a nice wet kit N20(dont dont skimp) and some extra wheels w/ drag radials.

I'd love to see what a 4banger could do with that setup.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Why not go a more unique route. Something we really havent seen. Do a 4.10 rear gear swap and then get a nice wet kit N20(dont dont skimp) and some extra wheels w/ drag radials.

I'd love to see what a 4banger could do with that setup.
doesnt someone from the other site have a 4banger with a nitrous (not sure if its wet or dry) and slicks doing 12s?

Z

·
0 Posts
doesnt someone from the other site have a 4banger with a nitrous (not sure if its wet or dry) and slicks doing 12s?
5cyl, which is why i am curious as to what a 4cyl would do. Its not a huge power decrease, so i'd think the truck could atleast hit low 13s w/ a 4cyl and that setup

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
You can have any major performance shop that does fabrication build u a kit and do a tune. Dont expect to get mad HP off of it on stock internals though :lol:

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
You can have any major performance shop that does fabrication build u a kit and do a tune. Dont expect to get mad HP off of it on stock internals though :lol:
Is there any one that makes Internal upgrade kits or even parts?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
1 word "V8"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts