Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so awhile back i got dragged my hitch going up a driveway and it messed up my hitch. I never got it fixed, but now i am chasing a project car and i'm gonna need to tow a vehicle with my truck.

This is what my hitch looks like now. Any help is appreciated:

The wires are still hooked up, but i dont know if it works.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Take a hammer and just adjust it back. Then buy some bolts and nuts from the hardware store and put the plug back on too.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
shouldn't be to hard to fix. just do what Rangerbob said. its just on that one side right?

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Maybe re-route the wire harness over top of the hitch so that it doesn't drag in the future?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe re-route the wire harness over top of the hitch so that it doesn't drag in the future?
yeah that was the plan from the getgo, but i was sure if that plug was saveable. I popped the cap and the plugs look a little fubar too.

I've got a picture, but am too lazy to upload it tonight. Ill post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
437 Posts
so just trade in your truck then stupid asshole. just buy and new plug a soldering iron, and some solder or just buy some butt connectors you should be really familiar with those.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I took the holder off the day I bought the truck. Hangs to low. Cut it off and tuck the wire up out till you need it. Thats what I do.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rangerbob said it pretty well.

remove the plug and adjust the safety chain bar with a hammer. reinstall the wiring on top of the bar and try hooking it it up to a trailer with the same plug to see if it works, or use a tester if you have one.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so just trade in your truck then stupid asshole. just buy and new plug a soldering iron, and some solder or just buy some butt connectors you should be really familiar with those.
dude go E-thug it somewhere else you fucking moron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts