Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i removed my second cat and now have 3 non foulers on it but the check engine lights is still on!! so i just wanna get it tuned allready, but im in az and dont think there is anyone out here that does it... correct me if im wrong... but i do make frequent trips to cali... can anyone help me out?

2006 I5 Colorado

thanks
:355group:

Z

·
0 Posts
There's a guy in NorCal who can tune you.

PM ZQ8Dude.
Im not really sure i could do anything for him as far as the CEL is concerned. I see some functions that could possibly enable me to do that, however it clearly states that it its illegal for emission purposes and I have no guarantee that i could make the code for his truck go away.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha yeah, but im plannin on moving to socal start of the year and i just paid for 2 years of registration hre in az... almost near 600 bucks!! and it specifically stated... NO EMMISSIONS REQUIRED... so im good for 2 years. and maybe when i need emissions i will have a v8 rado :bang:

I was going to have him tune me while I was up there, but I didn't get it done this time around. I will the next time I'm up in the Bay Area.
maybe next time im out there we can take a trip up together and get it done same time :shrug:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Damn CEL. I'm in the same situation as you. I need a tune and to get rid of the CEL. I emailed the guy at VMP about possibly sending him my ecu but haven't heard back. Guess I'll try to PM him on here. It's that or drive to Houston or Edinberg TX.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im down for it. what part of cali are you in? i am in fullerton/anaheim area about 2 weekends a month

Z

·
0 Posts
Maybe ZQ8Dude can meet us half way. :D ;)

And if we can get a total of 4 or 5 '06s for him to tune, he can cut us a deal............................................... :D :D
I hate to burst your bubble, but it has to 4+ of the same year with the same engine.(not my rules, just Hptuners thing.)

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
im down for it. what part of cali are you in? i am in fullerton/anaheim area about 2 weekends a month
I'm in the San Fernando Valley.

Like 45 - 50 min. from Anaheim.

I hate to burst your bubble, but it has to 4+ of the same year with the same engine.(not my rules, just Hptuners thing.)
Dammit. I thought it just had to be the same year...............................

Oh well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts