Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a tail gate lowering kit for my 2012 that lowers my gate 7" . This is on my lifted Z71 that measures 37" at the tail gate to ground . With my Kit it is now 30" .

I need a Stock height Z71 gate to ground if one exists , and then a 2wd non Z71 stock height
Colorado .

Why you might ask ? I'm tired of hauling a trailer to get my drag bike to the track . Then unloading at home when its 1 am . With the bike in the back it will go in the garage then unload next day.

My drag bike went into the back of my 2010 2wd non Z71 colorado just fine but cant remember the gate to ground measurement.

Ill post pictures of what I built tomorrow .
Thank you .

Here is a picture of my first colorado that my bike went into just fine .

Picture of truck it has to go into now minus the Camper top

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
My stock height Z71 is 31-3/8" from the pavement to the top of the tailgate in the open position.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Both of my trucks are lifted on the back :(

For people who kindly will help our friend. Please inform if the spare tire is loaded in the truck or not. I´ve noticed that in Z71 where the stock tire is a 31" the truck height is about 1/2" different with and without tire.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for that measurement .

Here is my gate @ 37"

Parts I made from 3/16" steel , using Grade 8 M8 1.25 thread with heads lightly clearenced to clear brake light / tail lights

Parts install in under 1 minute

Now the gate dropped 7" My 4" shorter rear bumper allows this drop . I dont think a stock bumper will liet you lower the gate this much without hitting the gate .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts