Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well I was considering getting my bumper Rhino-lined, the shop wants $195.00 to do it and wanted it sand blasted first, so I thought I would try something.

I bought some wall texture from Lowes, set it on thick and painted it with that, to give it some texture. then 5 coats of plasti-dip and 3 coats of glossifier. looks great, I know it will not take any real abuse, but it should handle the bugs and occasional rock OK, time will tell, it was plasti-dipped prior to this for about 4 months and was holding up perfect. I just think it looks more rugged and has more of a complete look with some texture.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You might as well have just painted it. With that kind of texture good luck peeling the plasti-dip off.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I think it turned out nice with the look you were going for and a low price. But yeah, it's probably gonna be a bitch to remove if you ever decide you want to change it up

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think it turned out nice with the look you were going for and a low price. But yeah, it's probably gonna be a bitch to remove if you ever decide you want to change it up

pretty sure removal will not be an issue, the guy that does rhino lining locally insist all bare metal be sand blasted,
so I'll get it sandblasted off when I get ready to do it, I'm waiting until I get my rear bumper done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.