Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So...I want this exact setup except for the tires and wheels. I want to keep my stock chrome Z-71 rims and go with Dick Cepek Mud Country 33x12.5x17. Anyone know a good way to go about it? Eastern quoted me 3300 for it installed. You think that's a good deal? It was a 5" suspension lift and Nitto 33's.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1400535729.018984.jpg

Sent from My Phone

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The only 5" suspension lift I know of is CST and that is custom made. A cheap alternative is to buy a 3" body lift ($400ish) and crank the torsion bars (free) 2". Install can be done in a weekend in a driveway. No need to pay a shop all that money. Rancho or skyjacker needs different backspacing than stock so you could get that and some wheel spacers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would I be at that height? I am worried about eating front suspension parts with too much TB crank. I'm at 1.5" crank right now.

Sent from My Phone

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I met another member this past weekend at kenny's place and he has the 3" bl and 3" tb crank on 33's. He looks to be sitting higher than me and I have the skyjacker 4" lift and small tb crank. Wouldnt doubt you would be as tall as a 5" lift

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
1.5-2" crank is all you will get out of a 09+ truck because they came 1" higher from the factory. At 2" crank you will be eating suspension parts. Rancho makes a nice lift kit and you can find them for a good price with shocks. SMaxx makes a nice 1.5" body lift. I wouldn't recommend a 3" after watching Kenny putting one on Tony's truck :lol: The 3" is a bit of work, you will need to modify your core support to drop the rad. and the front valance so the frame horns can stick out of it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm thinking about scratching the whole body lift out of the picture. I read somewhere that someone had tons of problems with a PA 3 incher on a 2011. I read that about the rad as well. I looked at some pics of the Rancho 4" suspension lift and I think that's what I'm going to go with. The $400 prepaid visa gift card as a rebate is a nice bonus as well. For around $3k I can get it installed with 285/70/17 Dick Cepek Fun Countries and my stock Z-71 wheels with spacers. I just like the height that the body lift gives you. Doesn't seem like it will be worth it though with the issues I've read. Anyone want to volunteer to help me install the Rancho Lift?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any problems arise with the SMAXX body lift?

Never mind I found the how to.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Efan solves all body lift problems.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
If you want some pictures, Jval is running a 4" rancho with stock 17"z71 wheels and 285's. And silver10can is the same except has 265 tires.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you want some pictures, Jval is running a 4" rancho with stock 17"z71 wheels and 285's. And silver10can is the same except has 265 tires.
Jval's setup is exactly what I am looking for. I'll try to find some pics. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. This will be the most amount of money I have spent and I want it to be right and worth it.

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's been decided. I will be buying all the stuff this weekend. Rancho 4" suspension lift, 1.5" SMAXX BL, option 3 BullMAXX, and four 285/70/17 Dick Cepek Fun Country tires that will be going on my stock Z-71 wheels with spacers. Anything I'm missing?

ImageUploadedByAG Free1400755585.540640.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1400755596.259305.jpg

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
im on PA 3" body and 2.5" crank 305/70/R16 and have no issues with excessive suspension wear or cooling even with my skidplate and 2" reciever

edit: are you installing everything yourself or having a shop do it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was thinking something close to the same, originally, but I have changed my mind.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts