Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last owner of my truck put on an electric fan and its giving me problems. I'm in need of the OEM mechanical FAN, CLUTCH and the SHROUD. If anyone has one in the DC Metro area I'll be willing to meet up for pay for shipping if you're further out. Thanks for your time.

·
Retired and Sleeping Late
337 Posts
Can't help you on the fan/clutch issue but Supermodulation makes an electric fan unit for our trucks that works great. Plenty of good reviews here too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't help you on the fan/clutch issue but Supermodulation makes an electric fan unit for our trucks that works great. Plenty of good reviews here too.
Thank you for the suggestion, Sir. Although I am very interested in the performance of a vehicle and how it relates to improving its efficiency this is one instance where I believe I've weighed my options and see the stock unit as my best option. I bought the truck and RangerBob had been chasing a slow battery drain for several years. The second I unhooked the aftermarket fan and control module, it went away. I'm not particularly fond of the mounting of the fan I have now and all in all its soured me on the idea of putting an electric fan on a truck that was never meant to have one. Now, that being said I would jump at the chance for a new fan that was packaged and built better especially in terms of the control unit. BUT, at this time my main concern above function, ease of operation and longevity is the price tag. I just bought the truck, have a bunch of repairs to get it on the road to do so I'm hoping to pick up a stock fan, clutch and shroud that someone is swapping out in favor of an electric unit would benefit me more.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion, Sir. Although I am very interested in the performance of a vehicle and how it relates to improving its efficiency this is one instance where I believe I've weighed my options and see the stock unit as my best option. I bought the truck and RangerBob had been chasing a slow battery drain for several years. The second I unhooked the aftermarket fan and control module, it went away. I'm not particularly fond of the mounting of the fan I have now and all in all its soured me on the idea of putting an electric fan on a truck that was never meant to have one. Now, that being said I would jump at the chance for a new fan that was packaged and built better especially in terms of the control unit. BUT, at this time my main concern above function, ease of operation and longevity is the price tag. I just bought the truck, have a bunch of repairs to get it on the road to do so I'm hoping to pick up a stock fan, clutch and shroud that someone is swapping out in favor of an electric unit would benefit me more.
Read through the install thread for Super's efans...they are far from 'normal'. Great fit, low profile, perfect mounting, easy install...and it's basically plug n play. Full electronics package and everything. If you look through my build thread I have pics of the unit showing all the electronics. I ditched my stock fan and will NEVER look back after using his. Function, ease of operation, and longevity are all there, and greatly improved over stock or any other efan setup out there (he's not using normal spal fans or anything like that).

He's a great guy to boot...I found out I have a bastard electrical box during install (MY06)...wouldn't turn on during testing, called him up, and he had the fix in about five seconds, worked perfect after that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't doubt his product and quality. I just straight up can't afford it now and I'm much happier with a STOCK can getting the truck running and driving for 6 months to a year. Then, if I have the cash, swapping to an E-Fan.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Where exactly are you located?
And do you care about how many miles was on it?

I took mine off a few months ago, it had roughly 140k miles but was working fine.
Let me check tonight that I have all the parts and I'll let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts