Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been fighting a problem with my 2004 Colorado with the I5 engine for over a year now and can't seem to find a solution to it. It started with getting engine codes P0013 and P0014. I changed both camshaft sensors but they came back. Took it to the mechanic that I had been using since the warranty expired. His opinion was the timing chain needed replaced at a cost of almost $3000. I couldn't afford that so I found a mechanic that would let me buy my own parts and he would install them. Parts around $500 and Labor $1000, about half of original estimate. In about 3 days time I was getting the same codes again. I replaced the Camshaft sensors again and the codes seem to be gone but now I am getting codes P0365 and P066 which according to my Haynes Manual are Camshaft Sensor readings but in a different place that are not addressed anywhere in the manual. My questions are has anybody run into this problem, and where are these P0365 and P0366 codes from? I love this truck and my oldest grandson wants It when he gets his license. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I'd replace the camshaft actuator solenoid. Also, for the camshaft position sensor, there are 2. One for intake and one for exhaust. Which one are you replacing? Both?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Whenever you have more than one code set start by cleaning the grounds. They are a known problem area that most newbies don't know about. On both inner fenders there is a square plastic box mounted with a 10mm bolt. One is behind the air filter box & the other by the ABS actuator. Remove the bolt, open the box, inspect everything, clean & repair as necessary, wire brush or sand the inner fender & mounting tab, reassemble snugly. Clear all codes and maybe your problem will be gone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In reply to the two replies I received from original post I replaced both camshaft position sensors and the actuator solenoid and cleaned the grounds and still am getting the P0365 and P0366 codes. I am wondering if this could be a loose or broken wire or if it could be in the PCM? Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Late update. Finally took it to an electrical specalist. It took them about 2.5 hours and found 2 wires crossed. Truck has been running beautiful since. Have been having a little problem in the last month that is addressed in another post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts