Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yes I know there are a tone of v8 swaps out there and I have read and read but yet to find an answer hopefully y'all can help. I have a 2005 GMC canyon with the 3.5 and need more power my question is has anyone ever taken a Colorado or canyon with a v8 that was wreaked and swapped out parts. I'm curious as to weather it be easier than getting wire harnesses and stuff or it would all direct swap.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
There is a dude in TX that went this route......damn it his screen name is not coming to mind......... nickname yoyo

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Starts at page 15 of that thread in the link above

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No shit I know him I follow him on Instagram didn't realuze that the rout he went but I'll find him on here thanks

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
Yes, the colorado v8 parts are more rare thus more expensive to get. But if you find a wrecked one with the motor intact for a good price, get everything you can get!!! Including radiator and power steering lines!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yes, the colorado v8 parts are more rare thus more expensive to get. But if you find a wrecked one with the motor intact for a good price, get everything you can get!!! Including radiator and power steering lines!
Or body swap like Ivan did

·
pssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1,999 Posts
Yea just depends on what you can find...hardly any stock v8 collys in my area :(

Just finding a colorado in the junkyard here is tough

1 - 8 of 8 Posts