Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my motor seems to have taken a dump ever since that nitrous backfire. It seems like it must of over revved and maybe a rod or something is messed up because it keeps on fouling my #2 spark plug only. It somehow closes it up everytime I start it or I accelerate it and it just bogs down real bad and turns off. Just today it started making that thicking noise I was afrad of hearing :( . Going to have to open it up and repair it or I can just swap right now instead. I wanted to know if you guy's had all the info on the v8 swap. I searched and called currentperformance.com but cant seem to get all the info correct to start ordering parts. Thanks for any help guys.

Z

·
0 Posts
I know this is a tad unrelated, but i noticed you're drag wheels stick out a little, have you considered going to body color Z71 flares??

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know this is a tad unrelated, but i noticed you're drag wheels stick out a little, have you considered going to body color Z71 flares??
Reason they stick out a bit is because it has the 28inch tire and it's wayy to big for my truck.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn that sucks, (about the I5). Are you gonna go carbed or inj, also talk to ls1blazer he could probably help you out with some info.
FI ofcourse. I called cpwire today and it's 4-6 weeks for the harness to come in. I was talking to them and they seem to know everything about these trucks. They explained to me what all was needed to make it work. Going to order it on monday.

Z

·
0 Posts
FI ofcourse. I called cpwire today and it's 4-6 weeks for the harness to come in. I was talking to them and they seem to know everything about these trucks. They explained to me what all was needed to make it work. Going to order it on monday.
You think you could price it out for us??

I'd love to do this once my I5 kicks the bucket(whenever that is)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You think you could price it out for us??

I'd love to do this once my I5 kicks the bucket(whenever that is)
Well in just parts that I need im looking at about $2000 for harness, mounts, send the LS2 computer to cpwire to program it, and one other thing but cant remember what it was. Ill give you guys the whole price on monday when I order all that I need from them. They also told me that I need a gas pedal from any V8 Trailblazer so however much that costs. Then the labor to do the installation since im taking off to go work upstate to pay everything off quick. I paid $500 for the motor and I got me a built tranny from my brother for free so im pretty much set in those parts. Going to order a Precision Industries Stall converter maybe a 3200 hundred not that big. BTW the 5.3 HO motor is all aluminum and has more hp then a regular 5.3 also has better pistons as well. It's is going to be opened up next week to get a custom ground cam and while they are at it might do something else to it. My buddy did some calculation today and he said if my truck weighd in at 3000 lbs with around 400 hp and the stall and 4:10's should be a 11.30 or faster :naughty:.
Ill keep you guys posted and thanks for the help on the search.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
Will you even be able to in Ca.
No.. It is the state that is holding him back.. You need to blame someone. So you blame everyone but yourself for anything you can not get accomplished. :kiki2:

BTW- Glad to hear someone is doing the conversion. Good luck Txcoloradoss!
:thumbup:

Z

·
0 Posts
No.. It is the state that is holding him back.. You need to blame someone. So you blame everyone but yourself for anything you can not get accomplished. :kiki2:
wow easy to say that when your state hasnt regulated every last thing on your personal property. :gtfoslap:

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
wow easy to say that when your state hasnt regulated every last thing on your personal property. :gtfoslap:
Ok... You obviously live in a shell.. Go bitch about everything and anything. Cry me a fucking river about all your problems.. and also, I would like to hear about your dreams... Please let me know about what you would like to do... If you had the chance. :naughty:

When you are talking.. This kid from TX will get his shit done son.:true:

·
Registered
563 Posts
sorry to hear about the i-5. good luck with the swap though!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts