Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well coming home from work this morning I was driving downtown. The roads were slush from the 4" of snow and 2" of rain but passable. So I driving and turn down a one way road in a sort of industrial area. Road turns to a solid sheet of ice and the next thing i know I'm sideways headed for a telephone pole. But before I hit the pole I slam head on into a brick building (Pepsi Distributing actually). So I hit hard enough for the air bags to go off. Now I don;t know if any of you guys have ever crashed your trucks but when the air bags go off the entire truck is filled with dust (I'm still coughing up that shit.) Not only that but the engine shuts off, the hazards turn on, and the cab light turns on.
Well it's 2 hours later and I'm headed to bed but I though I'd share the pics with you guys.

The Carnage: Both air bags deployed, front bumper busted, looked like the frame got bend because of the angle i hit, Headlights, radiator and maybe other engine things (didn't look I was afraid to plus I had other things to worry about), Front Driver tire, rear passanger 1/4 fender wells for front driver and rear pass, prob more but thats all i saw tonight.

Best Part: Only thing that happened to me is my right wrist suffered a brush burn form the airbag deploying Thank You Air Bags and Seat Belts!!! and I didn't get cited since it was "Uncontrollable" his exact words were "Hell even I was sliding coming up here"

Well it's been an eventful day so I'm going to hit the sack and hopefully be able to walk good for my graduation ceremony tomorrow. What a wonder day it will be...not!

(The video is showing the wonderful noise the tire made when it was being put on the flat bed.)

From the spot I started sliding

Front bumper and frame. That hole in the building went all the way through to the inside.

View of the wall, bumper and front tire

Another view of the wall, bumper and front tire

MY HERO!!!

The wonderful tire noise.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
damn dude that sux.... it looks like you brought the building with you...

·
Registered
237 Posts
:cry: Sad day for you, indeed. Glad you are ok.

Now we get to look forward to rebuild process photos!!!!
:355:

No consolation, I know.. Sorry...

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Dude...major suckage....sorry your truck is damaged...the weather is probly gonna take quite a few colys this year. Glad your okay though.....those generals suck man..

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
ouch man hope you get it fixed soon

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
damn dude that sux.... it looks like you brought the building with you...
Yea that brick was prob about 60 years old it decingrated. plus i hit it doing about 20 so that kinda hurt. but no injuries:)

swedluap said:
Sad day for you, indeed. Glad you are ok.

Now we get to look forward to rebuild process photos!!!!

No consolation, I know.. Sorry...
No worries thats what insurance is for. Gotta take to positive side...right? I'll see if i can;t get more daylight photos of the damage I know those kinda suck.

runeblade said:
Dude...major suckage....sorry your truck is damaged...the weather is probly gonna take quite a few colys this year. Glad your okay though.....those generals suck man..
Sad part is I was a month away from getting some BFG ATs :( Now my birthday present will be my truck back.

Thanks guys for the wishes. Now I must brush it off for a few hours so I smile as I graduate. Than back to the worrying.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
wait a sec is that a brick sticking out of your bumper?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
That's some terrible news Joe. And your truck is still fairly new. I remember the feeling I had when I wrecked my truck (deer). I used to take soo much pride in it cause it was the 1st brand spanking new vehicle I've ever bought. When I hit the deer it had 35K on it so it wasn't brand new anymore but it still looked that way cause I took care of it. But after that, it's like a little piece of you dies inside seeing it all busted up. I feel for ya man.....

Maybe you can talk the Ins. Co. into buying you some A/M parts instead of the OEM replacements.:naughty:

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Holy shit...i just noticed the brick sticking out of his bumper...

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
take a look at the second pic...thats not a brick. That my friends is my frame and tow hook.

That's some terrible news Joe. And your truck is still fairly new. I remember the feeling I had when I wrecked my truck (deer). I used to take soo much pride in it cause it was the 1st brand spanking new vehicle I've ever bought. When I hit the deer it had 35K on it so it wasn't brand new anymore but it still looked that way cause I took care of it. But after that, it's like a little piece of you dies inside seeing it all busted up. I feel for ya man.....

Maybe you can talk the Ins. Co. into buying you some A/M parts instead of the OEM replacements.:naughty:
I hear ya. Well I talked to the ins. lady today and she told me that due to the extent of the damage they recommend I take all my personal effects and my plates off so they can take it to their inspection place. If that doesn't scream totaled i don;t know what does. Problem becomes I have a set of skid plates on there I got from a guy on the other site. I'm not sure I can get them off before they take it and if they do total it they won't let me have them (I think) The claims adjuster is suppose to call me tomorrow while I'm at work. And I don;t have a rental yet :(

For a side note anyone know how the new 08 V8's are?:naughty: I may be in the market.

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
Damn...now that I look closerr you can see how your whole frame is bent....man maybe you will get a whole new truck outta this...sweet....are your skids bent dude?

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn...now that I look closerr you can see how your whole frame is bent....man maybe you will get a whole new truck outta this...sweet....are your skids bent dude?
i had an S-10 that was totaled due to the frame being bent
Thats what I'm worried about (the frame). I'm thinking the skids will be ok I go tomorrow to get my plates and other shit outta the truck I'm gunna look in the engine bay and under it (shit i didn't do last night) I hope I can con the guy into letting me take them off so i can have them if they total it. The more I think about it the more i think it's going away. :(

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I dunno man, from the pictures I doubt it's a total. It doesn't look all that bad, but it might be worse in person. Keep us updated and let me know if I can help with the estimate any!

What do you have, Progressive?

1 - 20 of 124 Posts