Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2006 Canyon from a shop. He didn't know anything about it besides the motor and transmission. Someone put it in the shop to have the engine and trans rebuilt but couldn't pay to get it out when it was done. I picked it up for cheap. It has the 3.5L 5 cylinder,
2wd, all leather with power and heated seats and even a sunroof.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice snag it has the z71 flares on it so it might be that
But u can look in the glovebox and check there run the codes on the internet
Thanks.... it says it is a SLT... I am guessing the fender flares are after market. They and the bed are rhino lined.

·
Super Moderator
3,605 Posts
As mentioned look in the glovebox backside of the glovebox door is a decal with a bunch of 3 digit rpo codes... look for z71 or z85 near the end of the list. That is basically a build sheet for the truck as all those codes mean something

SLT is the top trim package for GMC I think

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As mentioned look in the glovebox backside of the glovebox door is a decal with a bunch of 3 digit rpo codes... look for z71 or z85 near the end of the list. That is basically a build sheet for the truck as all those codes mean something

SLT is the top trim package for GMC I think
4 from the last number is Z71... Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nice looking truck! I have an '04 extended cab that's yellow. You won't have a hard time finding it in the Home Depot parking lot! Although, one day while walking out of Home Depot and talking on my phone, I walked up to a yellow Colorado and pressed the button on my key fob and nothing happened, then I realized it was a crew cab an not my truck!! I've met the guy that owns that truck since then. He's at Home Depot almost as much as I am. I am a Realtor an I flip houses. He's a plumber! We're both real regulars at Home Depot!

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Lots of good info on that RPO sticker in the glove box. Z71 package includes the factory fender flares, gas shocks, and shielding for the tranny, gas tank, and front diff if it was 4wd. The paint code is on there too.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I've attached a list supplied by another member of all the RPO codes and what they mean. Now you'll know all about what you're driving.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts