Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question for everyone. i have a 04 canyon i4 i had the new head put on and a new intake cam cause of that recall bullshit, that fixed the idle a bit but still when i am coming to a stop i throw in the clutch and my rpm's drop down to around 500 then bounch around for a bit until i come to a complete stop and then goes normal. any ideas what might be the problem? i changed the plugs and cleaned the maf sensor properly.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
try and clean the throttle body and you might need a fuel filter too. because i cleaned mine and it made a big difference in throttle response and idle. oh and it will idle funny for a lilbit too but it will idle high its just because the truck is trying to re adjust to the clean TB. hope i could help

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
If that doesn't fix it - take it back to the stealership and tell them to update your PCM. There is an update that helps to fix this.

·
Premium Member
3,849 Posts
try and clean the throttle body and you might need a fuel filter too. because i cleaned mine and it made a big difference in throttle response and idle. oh and it will idle funny for a lilbit too but it will idle high its just because the truck is trying to re adjust to the clean TB. hope i could help
x2

If that doesn't fix it - take it back to the stealership and tell them to update your PCM. There is an update that helps to fix this.
x2

Great advice guys. :355:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i took my truck into gm, got the update done, so they say. it didnt help at all. so im gonna do the throttle body cleaning soon and hope that the fixes my problem

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
so i took my truck into gm, got the update done, so they say. it didnt help at all. so im gonna do the throttle body cleaning soon and hope that the fixes my problem
Hmm I did that a couple times so far since ive had my truck. The first time i did it i noticed my idle smoothed out a lil. But now when i clean out the Throttle body spacer and throttle plate and throttle body it doesnt seem to do anything except make my TBS sound different... BUt hope it fixes your problem man!:econo: :econo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts