Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I hooked everything up and I have no lights on my buttons. When I look at my wiring harness it has two orange wires that would be illumination type wires. I've hooked up to both and nothing. Next thing I did was look at where the pins are connecting with the stock harness and notice that neither one of those orange wires corresponds with a wire on the stock harness:rollg: So which wire on the stock harness has what I need so I can just go directly to that wire and tap it.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
The harness you bought doesn't have a label for each wire on it? I used to buy them then return them just for the wiring guide.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do but the problem is the two wires labeled illumination correspond to dead spots on the stock plug

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Hmm, you installing a new head unit?

If I have a minute today, I'll yank out my head unit and see where my illumination wire is tapped from my Pioneer screen

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I have my eclipse in now but no lights on buttons. I'm tempted just to tap it to straight power just to make sure that they work (it's a used unit) But I know for a fact that the wires in the wiring harness that plugs into the stock harness go no where.

And It would be much appreciated if you could do that. Maybe a quick picture?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Ok guys so I hooked everything up and I have no lights on my buttons. When I look at my wiring harness it has two orange wires that would be illumination type wires. I've hooked up to both and nothing. Next thing I did was look at where the pins are connecting with the stock harness and notice that neither one of those orange wires corresponds with a wire on the stock harness:rollg: So which wire on the stock harness has what I need so I can just go directly to that wire and tap it.
well thats because the stock harness does not have an illumination wire... they use DATABUS for illumination signal. If you dont have a chime module, that illumination wire wont work...

·
Bagged Bomber
10,954 Posts
yea thats what i would do. I cut my harness off and soldered(SP?) the wires on the unit direct into the truck. Everything works awesome except i wired my main power to the wrong key power wire so if i turn my ac off the HU turns off lol. Ill fix it one of these days

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Now that makes sense I may need to get that. Maybe ill just tap it into a key on pwr wire
The closest illumination wire to the head unit would be the Hazard button, I think the solid grey wire is the illumination wire....

I can get you a Scoche (Spelling?) Chime module for $40 + S&H at a last resort for you... I am using this, they give you a Illumination, RAP, 12v Hot

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Okay, what I did is pretty similar to what WwRGSwW is talking about.

I got the Scosche GM09SR and for me, the illunimation wire is the orange wire that you see on my harness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts