Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the rims fit but i might be way to wide but i love the look of it . might have to get some fender flares. what do you guys recommend that wont break the bank.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Some textured Z71 flares shouldn't be too expensive or difficult to get ahold of.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Looks good to me man! Glad you went ahead and did it.

Z71 flares are probably the easiest/best bet. They cover 2.5". There are the bushwhacker's too, but they are literally straight knock-offs of the Z71's and don't offer any more coverage.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yea that looks goo honestly. Flares would make it flow a little better but I doubt anyone would hassle you over that. I think mine stick out a hair further even with Z71 flares

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good to me man! Glad you went ahead and did it.

Z71 flares are probably the easiest/best bet. They cover 2.5". There are the bushwhacker's too, but they are literally straight knock-offs of the Z71's and don't offer any more coverage.
Yea thanks and I'll be on the lookout for anyone the forum who want to sell them if not I'll see what happens if i get bugged to much about it

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
I think you'll be okay. Just play stupid about the law if you get pulled over and tell him you will buy flares ASAP, he should let you off with a warning.

Just drive normal and don't draw attention to yourself. If you are speeding around blowing stop signs they will certainly get you for every possible offense.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
This must be the latest fad I guess huh? I don't know......
Sure not my thing. I understand I'm about to be outcasted.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you'll be okay. Just play stupid about the law if you get pulled over and tell him you will buy flares ASAP, he should let you off with a warning.

Just drive normal and don't draw attention to yourself. If you are speeding around blowing stop signs they will certainly get you for every possible offense.
Hahahaha okay I'll try to play it stupid

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
Most likely not gonna pass when you go for your next state inspection. Just ask @JVal. He had to add some landscape edging, i think thats what he used anyway, to his z71 flares so his would pass....and his tires just barely stuck out past the flares compared to what yours do now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Most likely not gonna pass when you go for your next state inspection. Just ask @JVal. He had to add some landscape edging, i think thats what he used anyway, to his z71 flares so his would pass....and his tires just barely stuck out past the flares compared to what yours do now.
It's a good thing I know someone in town that won't even look at the car. Just give you the stickers lol :D.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
It's a good thing I know someone in town that won't even look at the car. Just give you the stickers lol :D.
Dang, must be a good friend.

Most places that do inspections can lose their license for falsifying a certification.
Perhaps the visual inspection for safety is different than the inspections I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang, must be a good friend.

Most places that do inspections can lose their license for falsifying a certification.
Perhaps the visual inspection for safety is different than the inspections I'm thinking of.
No I don't even know the guy Haha.. I took my honda pilot there cuz of my front windshield was cracked. I'm telling you he probably didn't even know the color of the suv haha

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Wow that's cheap.. Thanks
Anytime, just looking out for you guys!

The salvage yard near me tried to charge me 200 for a set of 4 and I got bit by fire ants and rained on when I was pulling them.
Shit, the most I've even paid was $20 per flare at the junkyard and that was with me pulling them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts