You're such a picture whore. :D

j/k Looks good!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL.

Thanks!

I'm waiting on the final clear coat to dry on the door handles then I'll have those put on. I've gotta get these done before the morning 'cause I need my truck. I've got a meeting with the accountant in the mornin'! :eek2:

If I get a chance, I'll get some better pics in the morning.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Did you paint the body gaskets as well that go in between the door handle and door skin?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
That's gay. I've seen some people paint those on other trucks and have problems with it flaking off the gasket because it's flexible. Hopefully it holds up for you.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
It looks like it should.

My other handles are dry now. I'll have some new pics up within an hour or so. :D

Updated with the pics of the rest of the handles.

This clear is screwing things up for me. I believe DJLucas had the same issue with this brand of clear. The paint is a match, but when the clear goes on, it adds that yellowish tint. They'll work for now, and until then, they're staying. :p

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Looks good. Too bad that clear sucks. Maybe a different brand would work out better? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
I just like how you painted the gaskets man... my boy has painted handles on his victory red colorado and the gaskets arent painted... totally ruins the look of smoothed and painted handles IMO.

(BTW the ones he got are the CCC ones and their f'in sweet minus the gasket issue)

P

·
0 Posts
I knew this is what you meant by MC style yesterday, i hate you, but yet, great work man, the truck is looking like a dime. Great work. Pic whore! :salute: <----salute

Tools of the trade box is funny as hell.....

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Good job, welcome to the painted door handles club dood!!! That clear sucks and btw I hardly notice it on mine anymore.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, I'm VERY disappointed in the way they turned out. They're so off, it looks terrible. :(

This crappy clear royally sucks. I'm so tempted to sand them all the way down and redo them with a different clear.

I'll get some pics later today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts