Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Est. 1965
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this was an option?
I have the 07 Z71 crew cab and on the back of the headrest there seems to be a cutout under the fabric for a dvd screen. Without actually cutting the fabric it seemed to be for a 7" monitor.
We have the portable screens for our kids but would rather have something mounted in the seat, but don't have the nerve to cut it open (yet).
If anyone has the 07 CC check and see if yours has this as well, please.
Its on the back of the front seats a few inches from the top.
I would appreciate any insight you folks have.
Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah there is a pretty good sized cavity in the headrest. Im reupholstering my seats and it was kind of an odd find. The cavity has foam on top and the sides but its a dense cardboard under it, I don't have a pic tho sorry.

·
Est. 1965
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for checking. I have the portable dvd player but it looks kind of crappy with the screens strapped around the headrest. I tried to check with the dealer and they had no idea.
Locked, do you remember if there were any pre-drilled holes on that board?
It has to be for a screen, I can't think of any other reason.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Thanks for checking. I have the portable dvd player but it looks kind of crappy with the screens strapped around the headrest. I tried to check with the dealer and they had no idea.
Locked, do you remember if there were any pre-drilled holes on that board?
It has to be for a screen, I can't think of any other reason.

Drug stash. :lol:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
when i first got the truck i noticed it and thought the same thing... "did these come with optional screens?"

is a wierd design if i must say... but makes it easy to customize..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts