Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for yelling but its.so.damn irratating! I had a body lift done last July and.the fan has.been vry loud. It used to cut off once I got to speed but now its always turning. My truck sounds like a semi because the fan is so loud. Help would be awesome. and pardon the terrible grammer/spelling but im on my phone and I still can't type on this thing lol.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock. And ive never.noticed it being gutless. Im.worried about the fact.I.can't hear my radio over the damn thing.. I can put a fan clutch in it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns just.fine with it off......I just.don't understand how its so damn loud.... does it have a bottom part of the shroud?

·
Registered
876 Posts
It could be the fan hitting the bottom of the shroud. I put a 2in body lift on my 1978 Chevy k10 and it raises the body not the motor which the fan is connected to do the fan will rub the fan shroud. That's on my old Chevy. I don't have or plan on a body lift on my cannon. Because of the brush guard.

Glendenning 244

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not hitting or.clicking. its the air the fan puts off. It sounds like a tornado or somethin. It does a helkuva job keeping it cool but its annoyingly loud.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In the afternoon its mid 80s but it still stays on at 7:30am when its 70....it would click off when I got on the highway but now its always running..

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
theres a TSB GM issued about noisy fans
let me try and pull it up
while i try n find it this week can you tell me how many blades on your fan because thats what the issue is

·
Premium Member
10,335 Posts
Haha fair enough! In AZ shit doesnt stick like up north, i put an efan on and it spun right off. Grew up in Michigan so i hear ya...
It took me an hour to get mine off lol. Heat and a big bar didn't work then a mechanic who works on cars for a living showed me a trick lol. He used a punch and a hammer. I don't have those issues with semis lol.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
51,526 Posts
I'm still betting on its the fan clutch
Yep, I agree! I had the same thing happen before....easy and inexpensive fix!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts