Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to change all of the interior " Yellow" bulbs to a nice white or blue…
Can anyone give me suggestions, what ones I can replace? Is there wiring invloved or plug and play ? Bulb sizes? Tips?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!:th_woot:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Every bulb in the truck can be swapped with LEDs. I wouldnt say they're "plug and play" because it requires extra soldering and trimming. All bulbs in my truck have been replaced with an LED + corresponding resistor. ImageUploadedByAG Free1357444893.856441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't really interested in doing any soldering or doing any wiring, just wanted to know about lights that can be easily swapped that are plug and play ?

·
Registered
163 Posts
dome light, map lights in the mirror and the foot well lights are plug and play.

map and footwell lights are 194 wedge bulbs, and the dome light is a 44mm rigid loop bulb.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dome light, map lights in the mirror and the foot well lights are plug and play.

map and footwell lights are 194 wedge bulbs, and the dome light is a 44mm rigid loop bulb.
Awesome! Have you done any of your bulbs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My bad, if you don't want to go the soldering route, I recommend Supermodulation colored filter booties. That's what I have on my HVAC and it looks beautiful!

I also put LED's in my cup holder :thumbup:
http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-lighting-electrical/56194-how-led-cup-holder.html
Wow thats sick man, I looked at your album nice work on the leds!!

Im wanting to do just plug and play bulbs I dont wanna solder or mod anything, just the simple ones for now..

·
Premium Member
3,943 Posts
Haha thanks man! So you want LED bulbs but no soldering, correct? Looks like plug and play is the way to go! Check this place out, the T4's are what our door switches are. I've never used these and I think Clint (captainrab) did and he said they were as bright as the Supermod booties

Scroll down about 3/4 of the page
Autolumination Instrument Panel Light Bulbs & Lamps)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts