Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a search to determine my 2012 Colorado's interior color, and it seemed the consensus was "black" or "dark pewter". My door panels and dash appear somewhat black but with a brownish tint. I'd like to repair my driver's door which has some fading or weird damage to the coloring. It's been recommended to check a label inside the glovebox for a code, but I have no labels in my glovebox. Anyone have a clue what GM's brownish-black interior color was for 2012? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Auto part

Automotive tire Vehicle Vehicle door Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I've done a search to determine my 2012 Colorado's interior color, and it seemed the consensus was "black" or "dark pewter". My door panels and dash appear somewhat black but with a brownish tint. I'd like to repair my driver's door which has some fading or weird damage to the coloring. It's been recommended to check a label inside the glovebox for a code, but I have no labels in my glovebox. Anyone have a clue what GM's brownish-black interior color was for 2012? Any thoughts are appreciated. View attachment 343371

View attachment 343370
It looks like "Ebony", the color that I have in my 2011. There were two interior colors available for 2011, Cashmere and Ebony. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that GM didn't spend a dime on changes to the 2012 model, as it was the last year of production. The weird gray splotches are the same as I am experiencing and I haven't found any corrective action yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similar situation painting the interior parts of my project 2010. I was able to locate an online retailer who custom mixed the following color - SEM-4939 Ebony 2010 Chevy Colorado LT. I have no affiliation with the vendor but if want to try them it's 66 auto color. I'll tell you ahead of time it's a little pricy- the paint is over $24 for an 11 oz. spray can but I didn't care, it matched perfectly and has held up great

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a similar situation painting the interior parts of my project 2010. I was able to locate an online retailer who custom mixed the following color - SEM-4939 Ebony 2010 Chevy Colorado LT. I have no affiliation with the vendor but if want to try them it's 66 auto color. I'll tell you ahead of time it's a little pricy- the paint is over $24 for an 11 oz. spray can but I didn't care, it matched perfectly and has held up great 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1
where can i find this product

1 - 6 of 6 Posts