Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know of any direct hook up ipod connectors for the colly/canyons?? this is for the stock radio too...

thanks !!!!:salute:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
does anybody know of any direct hook up ipod connectors for the colly/canyons?? this is for the stock radio too...

thanks !!!!:salute:
i have never heard of one for stock radios.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,420 Posts
OLD thread bumpage

Are there any cheaper ones? I didnt really want to get an interface because I plan on changing the headunit in the next 6 months or so..

but REALLLLy want to get it where I can listen to my ipod..

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
OLD thread bumpage

Are there any cheaper ones? I didnt really want to get an interface because I plan on changing the headunit in the next 6 months or so..

but REALLLLy want to get it where I can listen to my ipod..
hey Ricky, I got this unit from before I had my touchscreen, come up here and it's yours. I'll even help install it.
Harman Kardon Drive + Play™ iPod® control system at Crutchfield.com
I like it because you have an extra screen that shows the ipod screen, but you can hide the ipod itself in the glovebox.

·
16,420 Posts
bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how hard is it to install, and how was the sound?!

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
bad ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how hard is it to install, and how was the sound?!
install is kinda a pain in the ass. it has a hide away brain box and miles of extra wires.
as far as sound goes it is good, it can run either way as a wireless transmitter (total crap) or a patch in the antenna hookup, that you set the brain to a certan station and it cuts off the signal and imputs the ipods. But the way I had it was with a USA Spec XM interface that has RCA plugs going from the ipod to the headunit. Kinda hard to explain, but should not take more than an hour to hook up. only problem is where to hook up the secondary screen. I mounted it to the bezel, but in doing so I had to drill a hole for the wire and three of the mounting plate. So if your going to go with a new headunit in a few months we would have to find a different route or you would have those holes left after you removed it.

you might remember but here is a pic of what it looked like mounted there.

·
16,420 Posts
pretty sweet man, we could mount it in the front "cubby" part of the console like 5 inches down from where yours is in the pics?

when does boyd get back? maybe we could do a little get together with everyone that weekend?

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
not sure, he just left maybe two weeks ago. I am always down for small meets, work meets even better. :D
yah that cubby would work good, plus we could probably just use strong double sided tape there so no drilling, more exposed wires, but no drilling and replacing parts later.

·
16,420 Posts
any links to what you got greg?

hahah paul how much was that joker new?

·
Batman
5,649 Posts
any links to what you got greg?

hahah paul how much was that joker new?
well i got it a few years ago right when it first came out. so it was like 175 for me, but since then they came out with one that has a color screen and a wireless remote that sells for like 299, so the bottom fell out for the black and white one i have. I think you can get them for around 50 now shipped,maybe less.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ricky here is a link to what I have,
Peripheral Electronics the price new is around $119.00, check with crutchfeild, they have it to I think, and may beat the price if you ask, also I beleive I have seen them at best buy, just don't get the usa spec brand, it sux.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts