Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get my key fob programmed. Ive been to the dealer and to our local locksmith. Neither can get the fob to program.

Something the locksmith pointed out to me is that when putting the key in the drivers side lock and double bumping it, that it should unlock all the doors but it doesn't. He mentioned there could be some type of computer issue.

Has anyone had any trouble getting the fob to program or double turning the key not unlocking all doors like it should. I would really like to get this fob to program.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Some information is missing.

1. Have you owned the truck since new?
2. Is the remote an OEM one? Did it work at one time?
3. What electronic/electrical mods have been done to the truck?
4. Did the Dealer troubleshoot it when they couldn't get it to program?

I think that the information from the locksmith regarding "double bumping it" to unlock the other doors is incorrect. It doesn't work that way on my truck. Using the key to lock/unlock the driver's door only affects that door.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some information is missing.

1. Have you owned the truck since new?
2. Is the remote an OEM one? Did it work at one time?
3. What electronic/electrical mods have been done to the truck?
4. Did the Dealer troubleshoot it when they couldn't get it to program?

I think that the information from the locksmith regarding "double bumping it" to unlock the other doors is incorrect. It doesn't work that way on my truck. Using the key to lock/unlock the driver's door only affects that door.
No I haven't owned it since new. I recently put in an in dash dvd but this problem has been the whole time I owned the truck. No the dealer didn't troubleshoot, I guess I could try and go that route.

Most all vehicles with power locks unlock all doors if the key is turned in the door twice, I assumed the Coly was the same.

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
No I haven't owned it since new. I recently put in an in dash dvd but this problem has been the whole time I owned the truck. No the dealer didn't troubleshoot, I guess I could try and go that route.

Most all vehicles with power locks unlock all doors if the key is turned in the door twice, I assumed the Coly was the same.
Not from the factory it isn't. At least not on my 04. It's possible it could be an aftermarket keyless entry that might have that feature? :shrug:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a remote I ordered off eBay. The dealer tried to tell me it was the wrong remote and that's why it wouldn't program. I knew it was the right part. I cross referenced the number multiple times. I guess I will go to the dealer and try to have them use a OEM remote and try to troubleshoot it that way. Im not looking to pay 100 an hour just to get a key fob though.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts

Item Number: 001
Part Number: 10335583
Description: TRANSMITTER. Door Electric and Vacuum Locks. Door Lock Remote Control Inside.
TRANSMITTER,R/CON DR LK(W/BATTERY)(10.485). Required: 02
For: ST1 REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0),ELEC S/D LK(AU3) (2004-2011) (2004 - 2004).
For: ST1 REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0),ELEC S/D LK(AU3) (2004-2011) (2005 - 2006).
Cost: $51.24

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Item Number: 001
Part Number: 10335583
Description: TRANSMITTER. Door Electric and Vacuum Locks. Door Lock Remote Control Inside.
TRANSMITTER,R/CON DR LK(W/BATTERY)(10.485). Required: 02
For: ST1 REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0),ELEC S/D LK(AU3) (2004-2011) (2004 - 2004).
For: ST1 REMOTE ENTRY LK CONT(AU0),ELEC S/D LK(AU3) (2004-2011) (2005 - 2006).
Cost: $51.24
Very interesting. Im gonna get the ole test light on this transmitter and make sure everything is good there.

Edit: I was looking at the body control module. I don't think anything is wrong there. All other things function correctly. Im going to try buying the remote from the dealer and having them program it and if that doesn't do it maybe I could look into the body control module.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Any possibility the FOB has the little piece of plastic between the battery and the contacts?

Without knowing if that is even possible, it's a thought that popped into my brain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was a remote I ordered off eBay. The dealer tried to tell me it was the wrong remote and that's why it wouldn't program. I knew it was the right part. I cross referenced the number multiple times. I guess I will go to the dealer and try to have them use a OEM remote and try to troubleshoot it that way. Im not looking to pay 100 an hour just to get a key fob though.
A good locksmith can do it also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts