Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if H3's uses a IRS or not im lookin for some new rear spindles for mine that are 6 lug?

·
Registered
563 Posts
i believe they have a straight axle

will go and check now.

edit...yes they have a straight rear axle

·
Registered
563 Posts
no prob. i have access to the gm online service manuals. thats why i got it so fast lol.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I can't really think of anything that's 6x5.5 and comes with an independant rear. Do any of the Ford or Lincoln SUV's have the right lug pattern? I didn't think they did but I know a lot of those have IRS now.

Z

·
0 Posts
I can't really think of anything that's 6x5.5 and comes with an independant rear. Do any of the Ford or Lincoln SUV's have the right lug pattern? I didn't think they did but I know a lot of those have IRS now.

But cant you the hubs/rotors re-drilled??

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I don't know about hubs, but rotors yes. You could have a regular axle redrilled, but a hub is a little different. It would probably depend on the design.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I forgot all about the imports with the same lug pattern as us. Duh. :lol:

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
from wikipedia
GMC Acadia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like it uses some thign called an H-Linked design

"The 2007 Acadia rides on a 118.9 inch (3020.7 mm) wheelbase and offers wide 67.28 inch (1709 mm) front/rear tracks that will offer a lower ride height. The suspension is independent front and rear, the front featuring a MacPherson strut design, with a direct-acting stabilizer bar and aluminum knuckles. The rear suspension uses a new "H" Linked design that is more compact and should result in a better ride.
Steering in the Acadia is power-assisted rack-and-pinion on standard models, but an optional variable-effort system will be available as well. Putting power to the ground will be standard 18 inch wheels and tires, with optional 19 inch wheels. As with most modern GM vehicles, four-wheel disc brakes with ABS are standard, and more standard safety features (not specified) are included as well."

·
Registered
587 Posts
the armada should have a dana 44 center chunk in the irs as well, if not it will most likely be a r-200 or 250 nissan corp. which is used by sab,volvo,nissan,and subaru in a lot of high hp vehicles, both are very solid centers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts