Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, looking for some help. I have a 4-cylinder 2009 colorado with a 4L60e and it has the internal park/neutral switch. Current Performance built me a wiring harness to swap in a V8. The harness came out awesome, unfortunately, it has an extra connector for an external park/neutral switch. I contacted them about changing it and had one person tell me that the 4L60e didn't come with an internal park/neutral switch and another say he'd have to follow up with a tech and never got back to me. I'd think I was going crazy, but I own two of these trucks (both 2009) and both have it (I even sent them pictures).

After about a month of trying to get in touch with them, I think I'm SOL and need to try and modify the harness myself. I think I should be able to reuse the trans connectors off my existing harness, but I need a wiring diagram to be sure. Does anyone have one? Of the main trans connector? I think it should have 17 pins based on the linked article and my count. I've had a really hard time tracking down info about this setup. This is the only post I've seen where a diagram is referenced, but no one links to it:

Are these just really uncommon? Do any of you other 2009+ colorado owners have an internal park/neutral switch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, looking for some help. I have a 4-cylinder 2009 colorado with a 4L60e and it has the internal park/neutral switch. Current Performance built me a wiring harness to swap in a V8. The harness came out awesome, unfortunately, it has an extra connector for an external park/neutral switch. I contacted them about changing it and had one person tell me that the 4L60e didn't come with an internal park/neutral switch and another say he'd have to follow up with a tech and never got back to me. I'd think I was going crazy, but I own two of these trucks (both 2009) and both have it (I even sent them pictures).

After about a month of trying to get in touch with them, I think I'm SOL and need to try and modify the harness myself. I think I should be able to reuse the trans connectors off my existing harness, but I need a wiring diagram to be sure. Does anyone have one? Of the main trans connector? I think it should have 17 pins based on the linked article and my count. I've had a really hard time tracking down info about this setup. This is the only post I've seen where a diagram is referenced, but no one links to it:

Are these just really uncommon? Do any of you other 2009+ colorado owners have an internal park/neutral switch?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
I also had a lot of trouble finding out about my 2009 4l60e. I live in Australia so I thought that was the reason why, imagine my horror when the Americans didn't know anything either. I will give you the Email address of an American firm who I have been dealing with. ( [email protected] ) he has been very helpful, he also has a lot on YouTube. I know your post is 3 months old and you have probably fixed your problem by now.

Cheers Arthur

1 - 3 of 3 Posts