Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Issuses (Volant Intake)

CEL is on with codes P0101, P0172. Did some cleaning, reinstalled every thing, no luck codes come back. Replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor, fixes the hesitation between 1k-2k rpms and idle, about an hour later the codes come back with the same problems.

Have a volant intake system installed, and was wondering if any had run across these problems and how they solved them.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have the recirculation (5/8) hose from the valve cover hooked up to the aftermarket intake? if it's not hooked up, you'll get lean/rich codes.
yep, went a got a new hose, to make sure it was long enough to reach.

the only other thing i can think of right now, do the 06's have a 1/16 line that runs to the front of the resonator? I honestly didn't see one.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,275 Posts
Do you have the recirculation (5/8) hose from the valve cover hooked up to the aftermarket intake? if it's not hooked up, you'll get lean/rich codes.
Yeah I tried to run just a breather filter onthe valve cover, yep ran like shit and all kinds of codes!

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts

the only other thing i can think of right now, do the 06's have a 1/16 line that runs to the front of the resonator? I honestly didn't see one.
Just inspected the intake tube and resonator box, and there are some small holes in there, not sure if its from manufacturing or what could be causing the problem.
Thank you for the pictures and the good trouble shooting / inspection.... Priceless, I wish all people with questions would dig in and provide this type of feedback.
We got a couple issues to resolve before you put that intake back on.

1. You need to return or repair the hole/s in the intake. Return it for a new one if you can. If not, get some J&B weld and seal up the hole/s. The hole/s are allowing unmetered air to enter the engine, throwing off the air fuel ratio, the computer will never be able to compensate or predict the unmetered air.

2. You have an 06 which does not use that little nipple (that is for a pressure regulator vent on the 2004/2005 model years). You need to plug that nipple with a cap, preferably something removable encase you want to sell the Volant to someone with a 2004 or 2005 (they need it).

Get those issues taken care of and try installing the volant again. Your codes should be gone and you should be able to enjoy the new intake.

:salute:

·
Administrator
8,904 Posts

PLUG YOUR HOLES.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the reply's and help. sent an email to volant with the photos, see what they say about correcting the issues with the tube. since its less then 2 months old, i would like to have it replaced.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
Damn dude...you have got to make sure there are no holes in it as well, just like they said any air getting past will throw a lean code...not a rich code..Because its air getting in that doesnt have the fuel to mix with it, it leans out the system. check again, and fill any holes with JB weld or something like that. Plug that nipple with a cap of some kind cause you dont need it as said before, and then you will be fine. hate you had to buy an expensive as maf sensor cause of all this... Hope you get it fixed, and yeah...great job on the reserch..wish everyone did this too! LOL

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks, ya about 125 for the maf, might sell it cheap, really don't need one sitting around, rather seem some one who needs one use it.

everything is tight. gonna replace the cheap and cheap looking rubber piece from the box to the throttle body. thats the only thing i really havn't messed with checking. but it seems pretty cheap, also looks like ass.

if that doesn't fix it, i am gonna pull it apart tomorrow from the air box to the tb and clean and reseat everything.

other then that, i am running out of ideas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.