Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2006 Isuzu I-280 ext cab (4cyl, manual trans), and 99% of the time I can look up parts for a base Colorado with no issues. This one is stumping me. I have the issue of wires breaking in the left rear door area causing my air bag light to come on. I've already repaired the wires once which lasted about a year, and at this point I'd rather just go ahead and spend the $50 to get the harness but I'm not sure which one.

It looks like there are 4 different part numbers not including a possibly needed pigtail according to the GM TSB that was out on it a while back, and according to a thread I found here. I think I have narrowed it down to either 15214393 (listed on websites as 2006-2008) or 20806141 (listed as 2006-2012) but I can't confirm or readily find a difference between the two. Since it's a 15 year old Isuzu, my local Chevy dealership gives me the runaround when I ask them about literally anything, so I haven't bothered this time.

Maybe a long shot, but is anyone here able to confirm which part number it should be? I appreciate any help you can offer.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I've replaced that harness a few times on my '04 extended cab Colorado. I've either repaired the one I have or replaced with a junk yard one. Anytime I'm in a U-pull lot, I search for extended cab Colorado or Canyon and snatch those suckers off and try to keep one for a spare. I'll look at my spare and see if it has the part number on it. The part you're looking for will have the rubber boot on it. It is called an accordian boot I think. Neither part you posted looks correct. I'll dig up a part number and get back to you this afternoon. I drive an '04, so if nothing else I can supply you with my vin number and that should help you search.
1GCDT196348122607
I've used harnesses off of many different year models. My truck harness connects to rear speakers, seat belt tensioner, button that makes the dome light operate, and it seems like there's a fourth plug, but I can't think of what it's for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. IIRC from the reading I was doing, 2004-05 is different. (I think it's a p/n starting with 103 and is more expensive?)

I don't remember seeing a part number when I repaired mine, but I wasn't looking for that either. Actually wondered about it after I made the post... Mine should still be a usable GM part number if it has a label, so if that's the case I don't mind pulling it apart again to look.

May also be the case that they're similar enough for a base truck to use. I've tried looking in junkyards but I rarely see ext cab 355s and when I do, seems like someone already grabbed it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Pretty sure there's a paper tag wrapped around the wires with a part number on it. Let me know if you don't find one and I'll look at mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got home a little while ago and pulled the door panel off, sure enough it's right there on a big label tucked out of sight. 15214393. Now I feel like an idiot. Could have sworn there wasn't one when I was poking around in there before, but it's been a while. :unsure:

Thanks for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts