Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I'd be posting in this section. Friday morning, 12/5, my girlfriend and I were driving to work. We were cruising along on the interstate, doing between 60 - 65. We started to feel some vibration in the back end. Next thing I know, my ass goes right. I turned the wheel right to compensate, but there was nothing I could do. Smashed into the center median, mainly on the drivers side. Airbags inflated. Neither of us were hurt, thank god! She went to the hospital just to get an existing injury checked out and was cleared. Luckily, and surprisingly, we were the only ones involved and didn't hit anyone else. Insurance has concluded that it's a total loss. I'm now in the market for a new ride.

ImageUploadedByAG Free1418070504.332036.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1418070525.796105.jpg

ImageUploadedByAG Free1418070605.016356.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Ouch - Glad you guys made it through.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure you strip every thing you put into it out. Insurance will only give you a stock price check. Especially the cap. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Sorry to see another great ride bite it like that. What do you think caused the slide? Ice?

·
Members Technical Staff
2,498 Posts
We were cruising along on the interstate, doing between 60 - 65. We started to feel some vibration in the back end.
I'm curious to hear more about what happened... any idea?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the lug bolts were completely sheared off on the passenger rear tire. that was found about a half mile down the road. it rolled that far, without hitting another vehicle. I'm kinda amazed about that! it could have happened because of the age... it's an 8 year old truck that's lived through winters up in Minnesota and in Chicago.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
NW Surfrider
5,364 Posts
That sucks dude....but I'm going to wager it was over tightening that caused them to sheer. I'd be damned surprise to find it was rust.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Damn! Glad you two both walked away after that

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Well the truck did its job and kept you and your girlfriend safe and sound.

With that said with possible frame damage and the airbags deployed they will more then likely total it.

·
Chicago Premium Member
815 Posts
sorry to see it go mike i know from talking to you over text you had nice plans for this truck. but in the end both of you werent hurt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts