Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alright, I threw in the Denso iridium 5338 but kept the factory gap .044. I bought 4 new ac Delco coil packs so I'm not sure which one had fixed the issue, plug or coils, but it worked! thank you Jaymes for your quick reply, you helped me chase an issue quickly and right on point! Much appreciated! -Dwight

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Slowly getting faster. My new best is a 12.77 @ 109.86mph with a 60' slightly over a tenth slower than my previous best. If I had matched my best 60', it probably would have been a 12.5. I recently got some drag radials in preparation for RMRW. Oh, and the H3 clutch started slipping. I think part of that was due to how I was launching it slipping the clutch too much and the power level I am at. It holds if I don't launch aggresively but I think it might be barely slipping in the upper rpm looking at the logs. I Just put in a south bend stage 2 daily. We will see how that holds up. I am kinda wishing I had got their endurance stage 2. It's rated 10% higher than the daily stage 2, but those ratings are well below the power I make, so it might slip with both eventually anyway. Even their drag stage 2 isn't rated high enough.

I did make a new turbo manifold and 3.5'' downpipe. It seems to be working really well. With better wastegate priority and merge design, it does not creep at all and it holds spring pressure. I only tested what was in there, which was an 8psi spring so I'm not sure if it could hold lower, but it probably could.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Well I guess the South Bend Daily Stage 2 is not up to the task. I broke it in and then took it to the track and on the first pass it slipped. The best pass I was able to get was a 13.6 letting off twice with a weak 60'. Since I just replaced it I don't want to switch it out right away, I'll turn it down and drop to a slower class for RMRW. I'll likely replace it later this year but I'm not sure what I'll go with. It will probably be the endurance stage 2 if it is 11'' or I'll go with a spec stage 3+, but I'm not sure I want the feel and chatter that LLV.MA5 reported. If anyone has an suggestions on something that will hold up to 450+ and has good feel, I'm all ears.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
For the past week I competed in my first drag and drive event, Rocky Mountain Race Week. It was an awesome experience and exceeded my expectations with the caliber of people attending it. The dedication, perseverance, and generosity of everyone are second to none. I placed 11th in my class struggling with my launch for the first half of the week, a slipping clutch, the truck running really rich for some reason, and me just being inconsistent. By the end of the week I had most of it figured out. We had it pretty easy with only needing to replace axle seals. I am looking forward to next year with a better clutch, more boost, and a better me!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well I guess the South Bend Daily Stage 2 is not up to the task. I broke it in and then took it to the track and on the first pass it slipped. The best pass I was able to get was a 13.6 letting off twice with a weak 60'. Since I just replaced it I don't want to switch it out right away, I'll turn it down and drop to a slower class for RMRW. I'll likely replace it later this year but I'm not sure what I'll go with. It will probably be the endurance stage 2 if it is 11'' or I'll go with a spec stage 3+, but I'm not sure I want the feel and chatter that LLV.MA5 reported. If anyone has an suggestions on something that will hold up to 450+ and has good feel, I'm all ears.
Update on that Spec 3+:
Yes it was crazy chattery, but at one point I pulled the KarTracs (Caltracs) off and the chatter went away. Apparently once the leaf springs could flex again, that was enough to cure the chatter. I can’t remember what you’re running for suspension, but if it has a little give to it the 3+ might be fine. It sure locked up hard. I could be rolling along at 20mph and dump the clutch in 2nd from redline and get a rolling burnout going.

Nice times btw. That’s an impressive setup you have.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Update on that Spec 3+:
Yes it was crazy chattery, but at one point I pulled the KarTracs (Caltracs) off and the chatter went away. Apparently once the leaf springs could flex again, that was enough to cure the chatter. I can’t remember what you’re running for suspension, but if it has a little give to it the 3+ might be fine. It sure locked up hard. I could be rolling along at 20mph and dump the clutch in 2nd from redline and get a rolling burnout going.

Nice times btw. That’s an impressive setup you have.
Thanks,
I ended up ordering a spec 3+. It hasn't come in yet. Once it comes in I'll install it after I finish redoing the hotside. My suspension should be compliant enough but we will see. You had the 4 cylinder spec 3+, correct?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks,
I ended up ordering a spec 3+. It hasn't come in yet. Once it comes in I'll install it after I finish redoing the hotside. My suspension should be compliant enough but we will see. You had the 4 cylinder spec 3+, correct?
Yeah, I had the 4cyl version. Which one did you order?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)
Yeah, I had the 4cyl version. Which one did you order?
5cyl version. One thing I found odd was they rate the 4 higher than the 5 on their website. Also, the release/TO bearing they included is different than all the other ones I've seen. It would involve taking the dust boot off of the slave cylinder to install it since it is not slip on because it looks integrated with the plastic peice.

181 - 190 of 190 Posts