Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Jet Stage 1 one is worth the $235 for a decent daily driven mailorder tune? i'm not expecting miracles here just a little more umph and still be using low grade fuel.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Does anyone know if the Jet Stage 1 one is worth the $235 for a decent daily driven mailorder tune? i'm not expecting miracles here just a little more umph and still be using low grade fuel.
Honestly save that 235 dollars and wait for the big north east super meet and see if Gerry(canyon08z71) can tune it......ITS WORTH EVERY LAST PENNY!!!!!!

I would hold out if you could :high5:

Check here NEC355.com

or check a couple posts in the tuning section on HP tuners

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but i'm moving back to OK next month and the closest HP Tuner that i can find is TexasSS and he's 9 hours from me.
So the Jet Chip wouldn't even be good for a small upgrade? like I said i'm not looking for the ultimate performance out of my I4.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
but i'm moving back to OK next month and the closest HP Tuner that i can find is TexasSS and he's 9 hours from me.
So the Jet Chip wouldn't even be good for a small upgrade? like I said i'm not looking for the ultimate performance out of my I4.
Its honestly not even worth it.....

I mean I do know that Gerry makes road trips.

I THINK He may be in the philadelphia area Jan 19th.

Hit him up....HIS WORK IS GOLD

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll just wait and buy hptuners myself or wait for a big meet in my area.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
i'll just wait and buy hptuners myself or wait for a big meet in my area.
Eh, I mean shit....your willing to drop the 235 on the Jet...

I mean gas and the tune would run right around that from Gerry if you met up with him(you driving to him)....

The only reason Im pushing it is because ...I KNOW FOR A FACT you would have a smile on your face about EVERY little detail that he covers in his tune..:D

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I plan on getting HPTuners this spring if you can hold out.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Can you get a tune...and use the jet chip?

or are they the same thing...I know I'm getting a tune soon hopefully, just wondering if having both would do anything ?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is no one reading what i write? i'm not looking to get something right this minute, i'm in the midst of moving back to OK

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Is no one reading what i write? i'm not looking to get something right this minute, i'm in the midst of moving back to OK
WOW, Sorry bro. I really dont believe you mentioned time frame. You did mention that you were moving, but you didnt mention WHEN you wanted the tune.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
werd, my bad I thought i did.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
there is always PCM4less, although there are many people that will turn you off from them. just an alternative to JET, and they are also mail order, and cheaper, and "custom" mail order, so its better than JET either way.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Custom tune -> PCM4Less -> Stock -> Jet

That's my ranking from best to worst. Personally I'd wait and try to get a custom tune, what about meeting with Gerry on your way back to OK?

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
maybe its just expectations but i got a PCM4less tune and i've been pretty happy with it but i just know its much better than it was throttle response,idle,shift points the truck just flat out drives better but.....i never had any other tune 4 this truck so i cant speak for anything else. i can say i waited 4 the jet to come out and still decided to go pcm4less

BTW glad to c it dont say new to the nation anymore

·
Registered
116 Posts

hey i have a jet stage 1 for an 07 2.9 liter I4 if ur interested..bought it for my truck and opened it in excitement then looked and it was the wrong one. i needed the one for the 3.7 liter. but once you open it they wont return it so now im stuck with it. its new though. i'll sell it to you cheap if ur interested.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
hey i have a jet stage 1 for an 07 2.9 liter I4 if ur interested..bought it for my truck and opened it in excitement then looked and it was the wrong one. i needed the one for the 3.7 liter. but once you open it they wont return it so now im stuck with it. its new though. i'll sell it to you cheap if ur interested.
just my opinion but you would probly b better off putting that thing on ebay.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts