Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anyone has a JL Audio stealthbox, or some other custom enclosure that fits in a stock location? If by chance someone does I'd like to find out how good it sounds, what amp they have powering it, also how well is the box constructed.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'd be willing to bet they are pretty well made and JL makes a nice sub. I was going to get it, but the guy told me it was pretty expensive.

You can check out my CarDomain and see what I just got, I have an Alpine amp powering my W1 and it sounds great. Although I am sure a W3 would provide a little more!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
i have the crewcab stealthbox

mine sounds great and I have a rockford 500.2 amp on it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be willing to bet they are pretty well made and JL makes a nice sub. I was going to get it, but the guy told me it was pretty expensive.

You can check out my CarDomain and see what I just got, I have an Alpine amp powering my W1 and it sounds great. Although I am sure a W3 would provide a little more!!!! :)
JL does make a pretty nice sub. i like your setup, especially the custom amp box. the only thing with me is i dont want to be showing it off too much, nor do i want to give up that seat space only because i store some of my more expensive tools in those two seating areas.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
JL does make a pretty nice sub. i like your setup, especially the custom amp box. the only thing with me is i dont want to be showing it off too much, nor do i want to give up that seat space only because i store some of my more expensive tools in those two seating areas.
I hear ya, I think the ex cab stealth box would probably be perfect for you then. You'll just have to find a good place for an amp, luckily I barely use my toolboxes hehe :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't really looked under the two front seats to see how much room there is for an amp, but i think those are the only places to mount one so its somewhat out of view.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts