Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of any good paying jobs out there and some with no experience needed. Fuckin getting pissed off waiting to hear about the job in Chalmette, they put a grant in to the state and they still haven't heard anything back from them in like 3 weeks. Maybe I'm just pissed with school and everything going on I dunno lol. Let me know

·
You Smell That?!?!
6,216 Posts
have u granulated into a pure white sugar crystal???

have u graduated from anywhere?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still in college. Hopefully be done by end of next semester. But proly not if I go for more

·
You Smell That?!?!
6,216 Posts
ok...
dont know anything in that field...

in any case..

halliburton.jobs
if you apply put
Richard Thompson-406091
as a reference somewhere on the app

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Willy, are you looking for a full time job or part time? What is your idea of good paying? Some people have higher expectations than others, that's why I ask.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Full time more than likely. To be honest right now I would like 30-35k. I'm young and single lol

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I could probably get you a job in that range as a contractor in the plant I work in. It's in St. Charles Parish though. Actually you would make a bit more than that if you are willing to work some overtime. I will ask around at work tomorrow if you are interested. Would probably be a 45 minute ride for you though.

·
You Smell That?!?!
6,216 Posts
labor....
build scafold, bild forms for cement, dig ditches,
general laborers mainly...
round here they start $11-$13 per hour, OT is where they make their money

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
We have those kinds of contractors too, but I was talking about loading/unloading tank trucks and railcars. It is kind of hard to explain to someone that has never been around the type of work. But it is not hard work at all, you basically connect a 3" hose to the back of a trailer and wait an hour for it to either load or unload. Then when it is finished you do it all over again. It probably takes about 10-15 minutes to connect the hose and check all the equipment on the trailer. Railcars take a little longer usually, but not much, maybe 30 minutes to do everything, but they also take longer to load, anywhere from 2 to 6 hours depending on what you are loading/unloading. It is an easy job with pretty good pay. I think they start at about $16 an hour with raises every 3 to 6 months depending on how fast the individual learns and how well he performs his duties.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn Scott that don't sound bad at all. Let me know if you find something out. I'm giving the state 3 mrs weeks tops to give me an answer

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yeah, it ain't a bad job at all. I called one of the supervisors today and he said he wold get back to me in a couple of days. I will also call a couple more tomorrow. If you don't mind the drive it won't be bad at all. I wish I would have know you were looking like 3 weeks ago, they just hired 4 people to load trucks in our unit. Ours is the easiest, everything is automated, no hoses to fool with. All you have to do is put the trailer in the correct spot and press a button, it loads the truck and tells you when it is finished. Then you press another button and the loading equipment comes out of the truck and you are ready for the next one. The example I gave earlier is what the normal loading consists of though.

I almost forgot, you would probably have to work shift work. It would be 12 hour days and 12 hour nights. There are only a few units that only load in the day time and they usually get taken quick. You would get 2 weekends a month off and only work about 6 months out of the year, not counting vacation time. Most of the shifts are 3 days on and 3 days off, 3 nights on and 3 days off. Let me know if you are still interested.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea that's cool. The only thing is that I got school. I dunno if I would be able to work around it

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The shift work probably wouldn't work for you then. I will see if I can find something that is not on shift work. I'll let you know if I find something.

·
Registered
8,040 Posts
the auto bizz is shitty lol. i may be looking into another job too. what exactly does hilliburton do? my dad used to work for Mark A Robichaux insalation and Bollinger shipyards making fuckin cake. i doo soo much fuckin labor over here i dont mind doing labor anywheres else.

·
You Smell That?!?!
6,216 Posts
depends on the division...
they have a huge shop in houma...

got to halliburton.jobs and look in houma,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts