Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to Josh for coming by the shop, as well as the others that came to spectate had a lot of fun!!

here is the results, cant ask for to much more on 87 octane

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Thanks for the Opprotunity Jimmy! And be sure to thank justin again for me.

It's deffinatly better thoughout the whole ban. I noticed it the most just driving around on city streets. On the highway, little better but not a whole lot.

But like we were talking, I'm completly happy with the 87 tune. I couldn't justify spending the money on 93 for the increase in power, it's just not worth it to me. I know it's just a truck and I'm not trying to be the fastest out there.

But for what I wanted....You guys DEFFINATLY achieved it for me!:high5: :doku2:

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Brewer- He's not gonna have time to test one anytime soon. Justin will be out of town this week and Jimmy will be busy completing other projects. Maybe you guys can work something out in the near future though.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah boss is going out of town and i have another dyno trailer to complete as the guys saw today at the shop. so mabe when we put my truck up there to test some other stuff we ill get with you and do some stuff with the stack

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
not bad for 87. I would always promote 93 though, there's so much left on the table. and I get better mileage from the 93 so it makes it worth it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
yeah jl talk to justin when he gets back about my truck as im very interested and i will be willing to do a 93 tune and might go back to an 87 before i leave. and im only about 15 min away from you guys.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
What are you guys adjusting? If you don't want to share thats fine, but i'm curious to compare it to what I change when I do my tunes...

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
there are only a few tables that affect dyno numbers. The PE table, PE delay, timing and cat overtemp. Think thats it off the top of my head.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zach im sorry we are unable to share that data with you, however if your interested in buying the rights to our tunes. your more then welcome to do so and can pm about it. that would allow you to view all the files and flash as many trucks with our tunes as youd like.

yah those are majority of them, few other things you can mess with, biggest tool is having a dyno to see what your changes actually do to the hp.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Zach im sorry we are unable to share that data with you, however if your interested in buying the rights to our tunes. your more then welcome to do so and can pm about it. that would allow you to view all the files and flash as many trucks with our tunes as youd like.

yah those are majority of them, few other things you can mess with, biggest tool is having a dyno to see what your changes actually do to the hp.
I didn't want any "data" just wanted to see where you made the majority of the changes. No thanks i'm good doing what i'm doing for my tunes... All of my customers are very satisfied with what i've done for the price I charged, but out of curiosity what are you charging for your "rights" ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What are you guys adjusting? If you don't want to share thats fine, but i'm curious to compare it to what I change when I do my tunes...
I just don't understand all the fellow members that bought the hp tuners not willing to share any info on there tuning.What is the big deal??? We are supposed to be here to help each other out and to be able to provide good information so we don't do damage to our trucks.I thought this forum was supposed to be a family? I would be willing to share any info about my tune with anybody that is interested. This is stupid. Are you guys scared that somebody is going to beat you on the dyno or on the street because you shared your tune with somebody?The members that are helping provide a service to other members that can't afford to purchase the program is great but do you feel that somebody is going to say ohhh mikey has a better tune than you so I think I will buy from him. I don't think the market for tuning is that cut throat. Its all about friendship and knowing other members on here from your area.I'm pretty much all alone up here and there is nobody around me that will be able to compare my tune to there's.I have credits left on my tune but I will end up keeping them for a very long time since I don't sell my tunes.I don't know call me crazy but I think this is crazy,Not willing to help other members out.Why do we come here again?N3

·
0 Posts
I just don't understand all the fellow members that bought the hp tuners not willing to share any info on there tuning.What is the big deal??? We are supposed to be here to help each other out and to be able to provide good information so we don't do damage to our trucks.I thought this forum was supposed to be a family? I would be willing to share any info about my tune with anybody that is interested. This is stupid. Are you guys scared that somebody is going to beat you on the dyno or on the street because you shared your tune with somebody?The members that are helping provide a service to other members that can't afford to purchase the program is great but do you feel that somebody is going to say ohhh mikey has a better tune than you so I think I will buy from him. I don't think the market for tuning is that cut throat. Its all about friendship and knowing other members on here from your area.I'm pretty much all alone up here and there is nobody around me that will be able to compare my tune to there's.I have credits left on my tune but I will end up keeping them for a very long time since I don't sell my tunes.I don't know call me crazy but I think this is crazy,Not willing to help other members out.Why do we come here again?N3
You know...I was thinking the same thing. I can understand if a company didn't want to share their info, but that's a tad different. I was thinking about setting up a lil hptuners db type thing so people could upload and share stuff...I saw something like it on some duramax forum...if I did that would you guys bother to use it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can upload your tune on hptuners.I checked a few of them out but it would be nice to have a place to chat and upload tunes.Let me know I would be interested.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
N3.. That dude works at a performance shop. Their business is their tuning. Why would they want to give away their work when it is worth money and they can charge for it? That would be a poor business decision.

Anyways, as far as tuning goes, no one ever posts any specific questions regarding what or when to change things.. If someone can explain why one person should do all the research on tuning and develop a tune to just give it away, I am all ears. There is some liability and inaccuracy in just tossing someone else's tune into your truck. It may or may not get the same results.

The bottom line is that anyone with the HP Tuner + a wideband o2 can tune their own trucks just like the pro's do (with the proper research and knowledge).

If you want to dyno tune it, you just take your set up (hp tuner+wideband) and go to your local shop and rent their dyno. After that, then you can hit the streets and refine your tune to real world conditions with your setup.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts