·
Registered
994 Posts
That is actually pretty bitchen... me want

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't some here reported hassles with bleeding the cooling system?
This not only shows if there's air in the line but provides an easy way to bleed it out.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's cool but u have to cut the hose in half I would be worried about it leaking

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
True, it is another potential point of failure..
But if you use high-quality hose-clamps and do it right, assuming the device itself doesn't leak, you'll be OK.

And you could always keep a new hose or else a short section of hard pipe the same diameter as a quick patch..

·
Registered
994 Posts
You only burp it when it's cold - thermostat doesn't block all the fluid when filling it up.
Hot radiator+open cap/broke hose= owie.

·
Registered
994 Posts
so whats the consensus on these? Beneficially if installed properly?
Saves a PIA and you can see the flow, I don't see any downsides really. Clamps are clamps, you know how to work them or ya don't, know what I mean?
;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Want to know what is kicking my ass? What diameter to get for my 2.9 I4...
I swear....
anybody?

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Want to know what is kicking my ass? What diameter to get for my 2.9 I4...
I swear....
anybody?
I sent an email to Mike Knell, the head honcho at JTR and asked him for his recommendation. Mike has a Colorado so I know he'll know which one to choose. If there's enough interest a group buy may be possible.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well now I don't feel so stupid..
I had finding the hose (inside) diameter on my "truck to-do list".
Have everything lined up on Amazon (Prime member) for an complete cooling system maintenance round, correct ACDelco rad/heater hoses, Stant cap/thermostat, etc..
Measurements/specifications on the hoses? Google say 'Hell No'. Which amused me, proving again that The Mighty Oz can be fallible and the NSA's database sucks, can't find anything there either...
muaahahahahah... good morning!
;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts