Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
10 hp gain on a 3.5L with this CAI alone?
With no modification to the exhaust?

Hmmm.

Anyone?

·
the guy that always on
3,241 Posts
I just put one of these ( homemade) in my truck and it did seem to make a difference. Most noticeable when on the gas hard in the higher rpms. You can see pics in my build thread uncanny build threa

(mobile)

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put one of these ( homemade) in my truck and it did seem to make a difference. Most noticeable when on the gas hard in the higher rpms. You can see pics in my build thread uncanny build threa

(mobile)

Ok 2 questions, did you put an elbo on? And also did you seal the factory air box snorkel

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
the guy that always on
3,241 Posts
Yes and yes. I added the elbow just to prevent anything from getting in it ( seems to work great my airbox is no dirtier then it has been in the past). It's my understanding that not sealing off the factory snorkel would prevent the little bit of pressure build up at higher speeds which you can feel via the motor pulling harder.

(mobile)

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you, I was looking at the parts list, and it all looks like stuff I can get at a local hardware store. I wasn't bout to pay $50 for $10 worth of parts

·
the guy that always on
3,241 Posts
Mine ended up costing me around thirty bucks but that'd because I was ordering new silicone couplers off siliconeintakes.com and threw those parts in the cart too. Mine is literally a 12" piece of 3" aluminum and a silicone 3"-4" elbow and thats it. I would also grab a small rubber hose to go around where the tube meets the air box. How I did it was just cut the hose length wise and run it around the edge of the hole. I also added a hose clamp on the inside.

(mobile)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the pics, that helps a lot!! Where did you get the aluminum from? I went to lows and ace hardware, and they didn't have 3in aluminum, only PVC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts