Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got some more parts for the canyon yesterday.Derale 13700 cooler for the transmission. I'm going to mount it on the bed like andrewp with his project "betty white". Will have a inline thermostat which will turn the fan on at 165 Deg. Should work well. While clearing up space with the rad and intercooler.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Haven't done to much on the truck the last month or so. Started a new job and the short days are just killer to get motivated with getting dark at 430. In the mean time. Parts that Ive ordered since last post are Bosch 210 injectors. Also got a flex a lite 180 electric fan seems like a lot of people run that fan so why not. Also ordered adapters for the Bosch 210 injectors since they are the new Delphi style plug in. They also are comparable to a LS3 injector size so a little smaller. So I also got spacers to make up the difference with those as well. Like I said just been busy lately and Christmas is right around the corner... Every spare hour counts though! I ordered most of the fuel system components from racetronics and will order the torque converter in the next week or so with more then likely circle d.

Alright throw some of the parts on!!

Hope everyone has a good holiday season.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Been A while since I posted an update. Been a busy winter with planning to build a house this summer, and winter stuff and a new job. The plus side new job = more money which is good for this project! Since Ive been working on radiator fittment after installing the intercooler. Stock one fits perfect after some plastic trimming around the sides. Also started mounting the fans electric cooling fans. Like alot have done I also am using the flex a lite 180 fans. They do fit nicely I'll post a pic once i get the water pump in there as well. Ive also been working on installing the trans 4l80e. I got a circle d torque converter 258mm stage 3 around a 3500 stall speed. Would have got it installed the other day but I never ordered long bolts for the flexplate which has the spacer on it. Once those come in, I should be good to install the trans and then visit the cross member mounting fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Another update. Got the transmission installed. Found I need to cut there ears off for the crossover pipe to clear. Other then that fits nicely in there.

Decided to start on the fuel system after that. Took the bed off and pressure washed everything clean. After the hose thawed out finally getting a little warmer here in MN. Looked to be insulation on the old fuel pump filter..? Waiting on a couple connection parts to come in to finish putting the whole fuel pump assy back in.

Trimmed up the panel I made previously for the center console. Wish I wouldn't have grabbed SS from work. Mild steel would have been way easier. But it turned out decent. Don't love the exposed red by the leather but it'll work for now. Just need to feed the shift cable up next.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Quick post. Took the spare tire off and mounted the trans cooler in its spot. Now to work on running the lines to the trans and power. Waiting on connection parts to finish the fuel pump install.

Took the Camaro out of storage over the weekend too. Debating on selling it. I had someone who wanted it last year but I backed out. May be a easier excuse with building a house this summer. :S

Also attached will be a list of parts that Ive used in this build. Mind I'm still in the process of building this truck so some may or may not be used.

Parts list used so far

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Little update on the project truck. I basically only work on it in the morning before work. Been focused on building a .6 mile long driveway for a house I’ll be building maybe this summer yet..? We’ll see this have slowed down with biding during this pandemic crap....

Anyways truck stuff. I mounted the oil feed line that’s the first pic. If you don’t recognize that spot it’s to the right of the front timing cover on ls engines. I went here vs off of the oil filter housing. Because I didn’t want to deal with a possible issue with the oil sensor reading fault. If I were to do this again I would drill and tap the plug instead of using the adapters but my time is worth something too.

The other pictures are of mounting the transmission crossmember. I got the idea of mounting the existing crossmember from Betty white project on here. Initially I was going to use rivet buts but the gauge of tubing on the crossmember didn't have the allowance per the rivet nut to crush. So that when I said screw it let’s just drill and tap the frame. The tubing is roughly 1/4” thick. I went with 3/8-16 bolts. 7/16 would probably work better but I needed more adjustability to align the trans up to the center mount. I’m a mechanical designer by trade so I feel the bolt size it strong enough as far as shear strength. It’s more will the 3-4 thread contact be enough! We will see! If you see there is a little slot on the side of the frame so I may put a nut on the top side of the bolt for a little more security if a let go would happen.

My other concern as you may also notice is the spline engagement on the yoke of the driveshaft. Again we’ll see what happens! lol

We’ll all just do the hold my beer and watch this theory!

Just have to put the bed back on once I run the wires for the trans cooler hoses are kinda mocked up just have to make the end and attach I’ll take pics to show that as well. Once that’s done the driveline should be done!

Stay safe everyone! Enjoy this nice weather!

Attachments

21 - 27 of 27 Posts