Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made a cover for my navigation system so It won't get stolen. I still need to do a little bit more work on it. I'm going to use velcro on the sides to stick it over my Dnx7100.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I'd like to see this finished! I had an idea like this back in the day. Remember when those one Kenwoods 1st came out? The one's that automatically flipped 180 to make it "look like" the radio was gone? I always thought that thieves would get hip to the sight of a smooth panel where your radio is supposed to be and know it was the Kenwood and steal it anyway.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
the one I have in my eclipse when it is on is touch screen with a nob that comes out for the volume, and when it turns off the nob recesses and it turns solid black, its pretty neat

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got an idea I might try suction cups on the screen.

I'm not really going to use it that much. Just when ever I go to portland.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
yeah I that is what it is

here is a video of one

:kiki2: - mc

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's actually a similar idea to what I had. Only, instead of putting the shirt over it, just leave the stock face on there. :)

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's actually a similar idea to what I had. Only, instead of putting the shirt over it, just leave the stock face on there. :)
The shirt is on there to protect the screen.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Haha. Yea, my Bro has been rocking that one for years! It's still going strong. He loves it!
yeah I have had it for 5 or 6 years.

and I think your faceplate thing is pretty neat, I thought about trying something, but never actually went though with anything

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
I'd like to see this finished! I had an idea like this back in the day. Remember when those one Kenwoods 1st came out? The one's that automatically flipped 180 to make it "look like" the radio was gone? I always thought that thieves would get hip to the sight of a smooth panel where your radio is supposed to be and know it was the Kenwood and steal it anyway.
I have one of those units sittin in my closet i cant seem to find a cage for it though it works nice too i had the ribbon replaced last year on it.

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
nah i got A Kenwood X589 that i took out of my jetta i'm gonan throw in it after i can find some wiring harnesses and DIN kit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts