Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I am interested to see how this goes for you. I will be watching this thread to see how easy it is for you. I might get one of these too!

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a thread on another site that shows how to do it pretty easily, I am not worried about doing it just how well it works

·
Registered
321 Posts
i got one on ebay, and it came with a "car spicific" diagram that said everything you needed to tap was in the BCM in the pass. kick panel. and of coarse everything was wrong.

il take sme pictures tonight of where you can tap everything in the cab (if you dont already know)

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
please do snowman!!

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one I ordered is just power locks.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i did this, very simple as long as you connect the module to the right wires. I'll post up the correct wiring diagram later. The wire I used was under the steering wheel, real easy to get to.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
go to www.bulldogsecurity.com and browse for our truck. I know its for a different alarm but it tells you which wires to tap where. This is the diagram that I used to install mine and it didn't fail me one bit. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
321 Posts
for the placement and instilation of the actuators i used this

http://www.coloradofans.com/viewtopic.php?t=32850&sid=8f38f52deb31dbdcadb6645684a2eab7

(what burn did, not the other people)

start by taking of the dash below the stering wheel. it has one screw onthe side, 2 screws by the hood relise and the parking break handle, and the rest are clips.

then take of the metal thing there with either 10mm or 13mm nuts. if u look up underneth ur see the beam running across, thats where i mounted my "control unit thingy whatever u call it"

then look on the left side where there is a hole to run wire to the door (still in the cab) and there should be a blue wire harness, i taped a brown wire from that for the parking lights

my kit came with a 10A fuse in it and said "if ur car uses more than 7A for the parking lights, a seprate relay will need to be used"
but all i did was pull the 10 fuse and replaced it with a 20A and everything worked...(sorry the pics arnt that good, big camera in a small space:( )

up behind the control pannel for the lights i taped a wire (sorry cant remember which one but for some reason i what to say purple) for the dome light, well all the interior lights. it showes grounded when turned on.

then back on the other side above the footwell light there is 2 nuts, i used those for ground. the 2 red wires in the pic are going to the pass. door. i ran them over the cable for the A/C so they wouldnt hang down and be out of view.

this is where i put my vallet switch, although the botton part broke off while i was putting it in and its worthless now..:(

where i put the LED

for the +12V ignition i taped the A/C fuse.

http://forum.355nation.net/showthread.php?p=31511#post31511

it was an orange wire (i have an 06. dont know if it matters:shrug:)
but be carful, the fog lights are orange to and i taped that the first time:econo:

·
Registered
321 Posts
i almost forgot, for the door, under the trim there is a little black cover hiding al the wires(it takes some force to get off) and for the drivers door tap the gray wire with a black stripe, it shows grounded when open

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Snowman what system did you get, is it an alarm to or just keyless entry??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts