Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an air filter from the part store. its the Spectre one. it seams like it works great gives my motor a lil aggressive sound when i get on the gas. but i have a few questions. first question is what can i use to build my new air intake tube. and sec. there is a sinsor on the air intake tube thing and what do i do with it when i get the new intake tube?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The sensor is actually part of the airbox....so you have to reuse the airbox.....

There is also a crank case breather that you will have to run into the new intake tube...

Excuse that hose.....I replaced it with the correct size.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hummmm. yeah the thing is i want to clean up under the hood. so i might take my drimel and cut the box around the intake tube off. and make a new mounting bracket for the air filter dont just dangle around. ill give it a few days and decide on what i am going to do.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The sensor is actually part of the airbox....so you have to reuse the airbox.....

There is also a crank case breather that you will have to run into the new intake tube...

Excuse that hose.....I replaced it with the correct size.

oh and under my hood looks lil diffrent. like mine has a cover over the intake. like where it says 3500 vortech. ill go take a quick pic with my phone and post it up in a second.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
oh and under my hood looks lil diffrent. like mine has a cover over the intake. like where it says 3500 vortech. ill go take a quick pic with my phone and post it up in a second.
Everyone does. He took his off. ;)

Look around dude. There are at least two long threads on here that have info on how you can get rid of the resonator/building your own intake.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Build your own its cheaper....this is what 45 bux looks like I only need to replace the stock flex tubing.

As for the breather tube I lost it (as in chunked it cuz its ugly) and filtered it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Build your own its cheaper....this is what 45 bux looks like I only need to replace the stock flex tubing.

As for the breather tube I lost it (as in chunked it cuz its ugly) and filtered it.

i was thinking of putting a straigt pipe in place of the resonator. how is that working for you?

im trying to figure out if its possible to put a straight pipe with to hump couplers in place of the flex tubing and resonator. but if that doesnt work out i might just do what you did and paint the pipe black.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
^^^getting rid of the resonator seems to help the initial off the line jump! It also made my truck a lil louder back when i had that mod

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
hahaha...what have i started...lol...and to yall... i hate that damn spectre one... i get more flow through a stock paper than through it... it just doesnt have the surface area needed to pull air...spend an extra 15 bucks and get the K&N

·
Registered
563 Posts
hahaha...what have i started...lol...and to yall... i hate that damn spectre one... i get more flow through a stock paper than through it... it just doesnt have the surface area needed to pull air...spend an extra 15 bucks and get the K&N
hahaha custom sh*t FTMFW!!!

im getting the gm performance filter(taken from the gm performance intake which is a rip off all together so im only getting the filter) . i can get it from my parts dept for $58 tax included :)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I would toss that Spectre bullshit away asap bro that shit sucks. Fakeass hiflow airfilter all it is is a screen it doesn't filter any dirt or dust. All your doing is sucking in dirt that is getting inside your cylinders and putting more wear on your cylinder walls and rings. Basically your engine will have the same wear of a 90k mile engine at 50k. Trust me, get a good quality filter at least. K&N, AEM, Framboost, etc.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would toss that Spectre bullshit away asap bro that shit sucks. Fakeass hiflow airfilter all it is is a screen it doesn't filter any dirt or dust. All your doing is sucking in dirt that is getting inside your cylinders and putting more wear on your cylinder walls and rings. Basically your engine will have the same wear of a 90k mile engine at 50k. Trust me, get a good quality filter at least. K&N, AEM, Framboost, etc.
x2 i hate spectra their products are worthless

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so far i like it. dont really matter i wont have the truck that long. soon as my build is over ill prolly stick it up for sale or trade it in. and start on my next project.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts