Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a K&N 57 Series CAI which will means I will be doing the resonator delete as well! Definitely plan on Cleaning the TB, Mass Air flow Sensor and possibly the IAC. Hoping to do all this on Wednesday but damn this workflow is killin me lol will post pics up then end of the week!:th_woot:

Will do a before and after video comparison if anyone is curious about doing this to their truck!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wonder how many post like this are out there? Makes me want to cry when I don't see pictures or an update. The ship internet is slow and the anticipation was killing me. :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got lost in time and in the forums lol All I have is a pic of the finish install. Very happy with the quality and performance, not to mention the noise sounds real aggressive. Simple install, never threw a code since I pulled the negative terminal on the battery to reset the computer during install. Cleaned the MAF and the TB with the CRC bundle from walmart $9. Rides like a champ, definitely recommend a CAI. Since then I've had a Borla Mufler welded on the exhaust, now if only it looked beefier :th_woot:

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Have u plugged in a scanner to see if intake air temps r actually cooler after the install vs before?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I havent done any tests on it, fits strong and engine does seem to run a lil cooler than it did so good enough for me lol Plus cleaning the MAF and the TB made a huge difference on Idle, soooo much better, prolly first cleaning after 100k miles.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Have u plugged in a scanner to see if intake air temps r actually cooler after the install vs before?
The intake temps will most likely be warmer and almost guaranteed will not be cooler. "CAI" is really just short for intake with these trucks and in general anymore. It is rare to see an actual cold air intake. The closest you will get is the people who have modded their aftermarket intakes or people with the volant system that includes a tube to run down lower.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What does "fits strong" mean? How could it make the engine run "lil cooler"? Sounds like cleaning the MAF and TB is where any improvement came from. Ducting the air intake down at the fog light hole (no fog light of course) would bring cooler air in and even a little ram air maybe.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've data logged IAT's with cone filter cold/warm air intakes and once the vehicle is moving, the temps become ambient anyway.

·
Registered
424 Posts
.......so no improvement, right?.......and a CAI that does not seat/seal air tight against the hood could be allowing hot under hood air to enter the intake, thus a HAI.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea not sure the specs and the reality of whether or not it really improves much other than the noise difference and quicker response on the throttle. Plus make the engine look way cleaner without that clunky air box :th_woot:

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would say ones ears (noise difference) r more reliable than ones butt dyno (quicker response). Installing a CAI/HAI and at the same time doing a much needed tune-up/maintenance (clean MAF and TB) is an apples-to-oranges comparison to any performance gains. My butt dyno says my truck runs better after a wash/wax.:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts