Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Boys, finally purchased my K&N Gen 2 FIPK. I've saved several threads i've read on installing it, any other suggestions are welcomed however. I thought I remembered seeing something about cleaning the throttle body? Can someone recommend a product for that?

I'll post pics when I get it installed

·
Registered
500 Posts
dont strip out the intake tube with that little white nipple thing shity design

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may be a little "after the fact" but is that that the new air box has no covering ever become a problem? does the filter get dirty easily?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What spark plugs does the '05 Colorado have? Would you guys recommend I change to Iridium if they already are not? My truck does idle a little rough, especially on start up.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
The colorado/canyons already come with Iridium Plugs. I see no need to change them...that of course is unless you have around 100,000km or something (60,000miles) :p I would just take it to the dealer and make them do the head swap !!!!!!!!

ps - Heres the part number for the plugs if you need it #12598004

·
Registered
53 Posts
just install it and go mash it to the floor!! the change your pants from the wet spot in the front!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol! I got it finished tonight, very easy install had to fight the weather all day though... (no garage). What a sound it makes when you floor it, very pleased with the displacement as well. Very impressed with product, will post a pic or two tomorrow when its daylight out. Thanks for all your help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts