Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing as I can't leave anything stock, and I'm modding my truck to tow, I decided to ad an intake and get a performance/towing tune from PCM4Less. Still waiting on the PCM to come back so I decided to install the intake tonight.

Thanks to member Brewer for the fair price and quick shipping. It was only used a week so it's in brand new shape.

I decided to go w/ the "chrome" series 77 because it looks far better and more integrated than the plastic one. Plus, it goes well w/ my chrome bumpers, grille, and bed box. I say "chrome" because it's not chrome, it's some kind of coating, the directions say to wax it and not use metal polish becuaes it will scratch the finish.

The parts layed out:

Stock intake removed:

Open for business:

After checking the throttle blade and seeing some carbon, I decided to remove it and clean it.

Dirty TB, 21,500 miles of street use:

Cleaned w/ carb/choke cleaner and paper towels:

Installed:

I'm not a fan of "free advertising" and I like things to look as if they came from the factory, so I removed the K&N decal. It just peeled off, then some goo gone took care of the adhesive.

All done:

Test drive: The car is as quiet as stock at idle, cruise, and normal acceleration which is great. I still have the stock exhaust and wnat to keep it quiet. However, as you lay into the throttle the engine noise is much louder and crisper. It's not annoying by any means and sounds agressive. As for power... who knows, we'll see after the tune. I didn't dyno the truck. Driving home tonight w/ cruise control on 50 it seemed to downshift left going up inclines.

Cya,
Brian

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ I do :) Now where'd you get that chrom oil fill cap you have?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Thanks... now give me that hood ;)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
get a cowl hood. looks nice bro

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the PCM in today... very noticable difference... truck pulls much harder and smoother at WOT. Around town the trans is tuned much better, shift firmess is up one notch and the shift parameters are set such that it accelerates quicker/easier. Before the tune it had a tendancy to put itself in 3rd quickly and lug along, now it holds 2nd better.

All in all much better :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts