Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k guys so i currently have a K&N replacement filter for my stock box, and a guy is maybe wanting to sell me a K&N intake tube for 35-40 bucks, and the question is would the K&N replacement filter for my stock box fit on the K&N tube????

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
I know the overall size of the filter is larger but i believe the diameter is the same 3.5inch

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
i dont see why it wouldnt....just have him measure the width of the tube and then measure the width of the intake....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cause your right i've seen the K&N filter that comes with the intakes for our trucks and it's smaller than mine, maybe a little more air flow with this one wit hthe tube??? lol.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I would just try it if it doesn't work you could always sell your old intake and by the right filter.

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts
the aftermarket filter for out trucks is bigger than the one that come with the CAI...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what about some rubber tubing or something to custom do it???

·
NW Surfrider
5,365 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've read an article that says that replacing the actual tube doesn't help a whole lot. The problem with the stock intakes is the snorkel. *Goes to Google to find the page.* High flow snorkel Apparently, that's all that is needed to improve the air intake. But, I've thought that, instead of spending almost $50, I could probably make one for half the price.

·
Quadruple O.G.
5,624 Posts
I've read an article that says that replacing the actual tube doesn't help a whole lot. The problem with the stock intakes is the snorkel. *Goes to Google to find the page.* High flow snorkel Apparently, that's all that is needed to improve the air intake. But, I've thought that, instead of spending almost $50, I could probably make one for half the price.
That sir is not true.....I have dyno tests to prove replacing the tube increses hp.

Check it out. http://www.355nation.net/forum/engine-drivetrain/1778-intake-dyno-test.html

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Alright, thanks. I'll check it out when I get home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts