Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 06 crew cab in black and sometimes its a pain in the ass to keep lookin good. anyone using any special products on your ride?

i use the "ice" detailing spray made by turle wax like maybe once a month after i wash it and it looks good in the end. but it is short lived with al the dust day in and day out
:dawg:

·
Registered
94 Posts
anyone using any special products on your ride?
My last truck was black and I always used quarters, lots and lots of quarters at the local car wash.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
My last truck was black and I always used quarters, lots and lots of quarters at the local car wash.
:lol:

good advice..

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :blrado: :bcanyon:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
oh yeah^^^carry one of those calafornia dusters with ya...that should be the ticket

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
All my vehicles are very dark in color and I wash them as often as I can (never at a car wash, it doesn't clean up to my standards), I wax once a month, and use the California car duster religiously. Plus Meguiar's detail spray if I'm going to a show. I used to use Turtle Wax Ice but like somebody else said, it was short lived. Maybe once a year I'll clay bar each vehicle to take out all the extra shit that makes it not as shiny as it could be.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
I can't get rid of him, he helps me with engine work I'm nowhere near competent enough to handle on my own. Sorry!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I wash every week using the Mr. Clean washer. Clay every 2-3 weeks. after Claying I would use the Meguiars NXT GENERATION paste wax, then the Meguiars NXT GENERATION spray wax. And after every wash I use the Meguiars quick detailer. Using Micro fiber everything. also a california car duster is a life saver for anyone living in the desert.

·
HO IT
2,153 Posts
i wouldn't know, my ish been dirty for 2 months now.
This makes me want to cry - if you lived closer I would wash and wax it for you just because I can't handle dirty vehicles. You could repay me in beer.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
it rained for about a month straight, so its not all my fault. I'm usually better about keeping stuff clean.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
This makes me want to cry - if you lived closer I would wash and wax it for you just because I can't handle dirty vehicles. You could repay me in beer.
details cars and drinks beer. man they need to make more of you.

My wife loves to detail our cars, but I need to get her to start drinking beer. She loves her Parrot bay and Coke, but I get tired of making them.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts