Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am sure you have all seen his truck. A yellow ZQ8 reg cab Canyon. If not, here is what it looked like.

Well, he was having a problem with the clear coat chipping on the machined part, so he took them to a local powder coating place and had them go to work.

The finish is AWESOME! and they look great in person. I liked the old look, but I like the new look just as much. Once he is finished with a couple other things on his truck, it will all tie in together...

Here are a couple pictures...

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
effin nice...whatever happened to him...he used to post up on here

·
Registered
971 Posts
The all black looks sick. I liked them before but I think I like them better now. I'm thinking maybe a colormatched grille, black grille insert, and tinted tails would look killer

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
^ Yea that!?(to LSSPORTo4) I see he's been posting on cfans?

His truck looks good with those! Black rims FTW!!!! :doku2:

He needs some tinted tails though...:naughty:

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yeah, his internet went down due to some financial obligations.

Having another baby really tends to bring priorities into perspective haha...

I am working on talkin him into the tails. I will probably sell him mine once I upgrade.

He has a WICKED GMC logo that is going on the back. It's off of an old ass pickup. He is having that blasted and coated black, then mounting it to the tgate. Then I think he will need the black grille as mentioned.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm...I dunno, I really like those wheels from what I've seen in person (Shady has a set) I think the p/c may have stripped some of the slimness off of them.

But, that's just me, they still look good.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Looks good, I like it.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
wow the rims look GREAT!! any preview of that emblem? id love to see that

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
is it this one?

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it's something like that, except it is only the three metal letters. Fixitman found it one day and let Darek get ahold of it...

It is now sitting at the powder coating place being smoothed and painted gloss black. Then Darek plans to mount them under his tailgate handle some how. Not really sure how, but it should look killer!!

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
awesome that looks really cool. If I had a GMC i might have to steal this idea lol :) That should look really good

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, the guy has some really great ideas in his head.. You should see what he has done with his interior.

It's pretty crazy for as little money he has spent on it...

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:disgust: Not a rado... Not even a colly :chuk:

Edit: Yeah, that be it, except it has been seperated into three pieces and all the rust is gone.. I really can't wait to see him get it back and put it on there.

·
Bagged Bomber
10,952 Posts
thats awesome i cant wait to see how that looks. Gonna look great. Where did yall dig that thing up at?

·
Registered
587 Posts
i tripped over a truck frame in the woods while deer hunting two years ago, it was on the rear crossmember of the frame, was going to put it on my grillgaurd but it was to big for the spot i wanted to put it. derek talked me out of it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts