Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lost the original key fob for my 06 Canyon. Where can I find the Part / ID for this. I do not want to go to dealer

·
Registered
123 Posts
As I remember, it takes a special tool to program the fob. The dealer or possibly a locksmith may be your only choices.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm just guessing but that info may be on that sticker on the inside of the glove box door or it's in the VIN . Parts stores like Autozone sell replacements so they may be your low cost option .

·
Registered
139 Posts
Most locksmiths carry the key fobs in stock and can program them. When I bought my ‘07 Canyon the seller only had 2 keys, no fobs. Checked the options list and saw the truck had remote locks. Went to a local locksmith and he sold me a fob and programmed it. Total cost was around $50.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought one on Amazon for my 2006. Ended up just using the case. I have a Snap-on scanner that will progam key fobs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found the fobs on Amazon and had a local locksmith program 2 of them for $75. Way less than dealer quote of over $200.

I have lost the original key fob for my 06 Canyon. Where can I find the Part / ID for this. I do not want to go to dealer

·
Registered
597 Posts
How did you determine which fobs were correct for your truck ? Was there only one to choose from ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just searched for the year, make and model on Amazon. So search for a 2006 Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon key fob.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Search on Amazon for (year) Colorado (or Canyon) key fob. There should be a lot of them available.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts