2,643 Posts
Re: Programming Keyless Entry?

Nope.

·
5cylinder and Tire slayer
16,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

damn, oh well, ordered one last night, ill just have to take it up there when I get time

Z

·
0 Posts

whats considered a "newish" keyfob??

Are their options?? I need new ones, but i dont want oem because they keep breaking at the key ring.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

You can get just the case if they break. I need a whole new fob because the fucking guts stopped working and I don't know why. Changing the battery has no effect. Piece of shit Delphi.

Z

·
0 Posts

You can get just the case if they break. I need a whole new fob because the fucking guts stopped working and I don't know why. Changing the battery has no effect. Piece of shit Delphi.
Does the stealership sell the case??

·
Registered
59 Posts

No But If You Get A Case You Can Switch The "guts" Over. I Usally Charge 35.00 To Program 1-4 Fobs.

I Know Sounds Like A Rip Off But It Is What It Is

·
16,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ZQ8, I found one on ebay..

mine too broke from the keyring and I ended up loosing both of them :ugh: :(

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

lol, mine must be the juggernaut. It's been washed, dropped millions of times, never changed the battery since early 04 and 100,000 miles, used it constantly while delivering pizza (in and out with constant unlocking and locking via the fob) and it's been rained on and in my pocket while going into the pool...

:)

Z

·
0 Posts

lol, mine must be the juggernaut. It's been washed, dropped millions of times, never changed the battery since early 04 and 100,000 miles, used it constantly while delivering pizza (in and out with constant unlocking and locking via the fob) and it's been rained on and in my pocket while going into the pool...

:)
mine still works. It just broke at the ring.

does anyone know if its possible to program an aftermarket keyless entry remote for our trucks??

·
16,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I droppedmine in a pail of oil once...haha. Pulled her out...driedit off. Works fine :shrug:

:lol:
:lol:

Went up there today and got my friend (Service Manager) to grab a Tech2 (the GM scanner) took like 6 seconds..

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to have my keyless entry back!

·
Registered
247 Posts

old thread i know but i am in need of a new fob since mine broke at the ring as well. so heres what i have dug up regarding the programming

=Close all the vehicle doors.

=Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder - do not turn ignition switch.

=Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch (This is the switch on the door, NOT the remote).

=While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF ON, OFF. (3 TIMES)

=Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock one time to confirm the program mode is actuated. Remove the key from the ignition.

=Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button on one keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.

=Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters. Reprogram any existing remotes at this time as they have been erased.

=Turn the ignition switch to the ON (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.

=Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

I think that is the steps for the GMT360. Won't work for our trucks.

·
Registered
247 Posts

figures...

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts

I got one of those switchblade keys off of ebay and the instructions for out truck were almost the same, just didn't say to press the button on the door. Haven't tried it yet tho.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keyless entry question

My used 355 came with 1 keyless fob and 1 key. I cant find a local dealership with a key so I had planned to order from ebay......then I broke my only key fob.

I tried to find a place online to get keys and a fob....then read that the dealership would have to program it. Local dealership wants $85 per fob.

In thinking about it, it looks like I would spend $300+ on keyless.

Are there other options that I could look at? I dont want/need a remote starter or even an alarm really....but will take an alarm.....but really dont want a remote starter.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

1 - 20 of 121 Posts